I just got a weather report for my neck of the woods.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Vintage Josh, Jun 2, 2011.

1. I live in Northern California and I got a tornado warning. WTF?!?

2. I get tornado warnings for places near me all the time because Chicago TV broadcasts to a wide area, but as far as I know there's never been a tornado here.

It's pretty annoying to have a show interrupted by that stuff, but after what happened in Missouri I try to be patient with it.

By the way, if you post this in the Box, your situation will be explained by HAARP.

3. I live in mass and a tornado just went through springfield (2 towns over from me) a few hours ago. Crazy ass thunderstorms also.

4. Had tornado warning here in jersey too...

5. No tornado warning here in my part of NorCal, but today we had some snow! :eek:

(This is why I have a "very well lit" closet! :smoke: )

Granny :wave:

6. The thunderstorms that came through yesterday were pretty gnarly, but nothing we haven't had here before.

The hailstorms that came through were sweet, luckily I pulled in my potted tomatos and peppers like 30 secs before the hail hit. :)

7. yeah I pulled everything in I could when we got the tornado and severe thunderstorms warning across the screen, then it totally skipped us haha..

8. you sure you're talking about tornado warnings? tornado warnings are relatively rare. they only get put out if there is a confirmed report by a spotter that there is a funnel cloud/tornado. anything less than that and they just give out tornado watches, which cover a large area and can last for a long time. but a tornado watch only means a tornado could form, a warning means there is a tornado.

9. #9 chris35, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Id almost rather have the hail after moving everything lol no point moving all that stuff and not even getting to see a thunderstorm :)

10. Tornadoes have been reported in all 50 states at some point. Even Alaska.

11. The tornado never touched down. The only other torando warning was in Fort Sill, Ok. We had to chill in the laundry room for hours.