I just found this on the street

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Tihspeed, May 26, 2012.

1. Any idea if its real and the cost?

Attached Files:

2. Like just standing on the sidewalk n shit? Daaamn

3. don't HVY with lots of worked sections go for like $200-$300 at LHS?

4. That thing would go for $400 in lhs's around here you lucky S.O.B. i bet a kids parents caught him smoking and put it out on the curb haha

5. I went down to get my oil changed at a local big o's....I was leaving the shopping center and it was on the side walk wrapped in a towel

I thought it was a setup....drove past, paused to leave the lot....full reverse, fuck it, mine.....hahaha

6. mannnn. man. I want that thing man

7. That's awesome. Man, my friend used to have one of them but he took it to his parent's house when he was staying there and his mom apparently found it, put it in a garbage bag and stomped on it.

Bitch should've at least sold it.

Actually, come to think of it, that might've been an old (similar looking) JBD. So this might be an off topic post. Carry on, and nice bong.

8. Thanks for all the comments, in not really a bong kinda guy, but free is pretty awesome....and it has such a weird story

How doI find bowls for this?....or a down stem/ash catcher?

And the down stem has a rubber grommet and it looks a little beat up, where would I find parts

Sorry I'm using incorrect terms, but this just became my first bong....and to think I almost gave it away, the awesome comments will force me to clean it and make it functional

9. You can find those grommets at any hardware store, also a couple LHS stock them. Pull the old sucker out of there and measure it. Just be very careful removing the downstem from the grommet because they can be stuck in there pretty good, and break. And im not sure about HVY, but some blowers like to use a custom diameter downstem for those grommet joints.

For bowls, go pay a visit to a headshop. Look for one similar in diameter as said with a rubber o-ring on them. These bowls have a long 'stem' looking thing on them compared to a regular GonG bowl. I know a couple headshops also stock ash catchers for these style bongs.

Also, upon further inspection of those pictures, it appears the bong could be a GonG style but the previous owner stuffed a grommet inside of it... Its hard to tell from the picture but its quite possible.

10. #10 Tihspeed, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
    Thanks to all who posted... I appreciated the comments

I cleaned the piece...

put in a new grommet

got a new bowl

and got a new bag.... I even got a complement at the local smoke shop on the piece from a patron... Im stoked to have my first piece... and I love the story of where I got it from... kinda grosses me out that its literally from the street, but when I think of how much this piece might cost i quickly get over it

so i thought it was worthy of a update

Attached Files:

11. Hahahaha, ah man I thought that was my brothers that he left in a dumpster(it broke a while back) when he moved out recently. That would have been priceless.

Clean it before you smoke it!

12. I'm not seeing the grommet?

13. [quote name='"ticklemefancy"']I'm not seeing the grommet?[/quote]

Pic two.....it's the brighter white mostly inside the bong..... It just holds the stem in, total bitch to put on

14. [quote name='"gtx1"']Hahahaha, ah man I thought that was my brothers that he left in a dumpster(it broke a while back) when he moved out recently. That would have been priceless.

Clean it before you smoke it![/quote]

Yeah it would have been.....I'd still smoke from it though

15. Yep, I remember my first steamroller...

Which reminds me, I got to replace my stem, I knocked the pipe over when building my chamber and the top of the stem broke right off... :mad:

Put about an inch of water in it, then fill the rest of the tube with ice cubes...
    Gives you a smooth cool smoke hit....

Just watch as the ice melts, you have to keep pouring some water out... ;)
    Nice find!! :hello:

16. Thanks jake!

17. That's awesome. I'd sell it because I already have a bong.

18. Hey thanks for finding my bong .... Would you mind mailing it back to me ?

19. Hahaha...nice find there speed. Thats a real party piece you got there!

20. thanks grows... I appreciate you stopin by