I just found out...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by geologyrox, Aug 1, 2007.

1. ...that I was doomed to hell by age 11 =)

I was baptized when I was tiny (episcopalians do that) but I never took confirmation classes. At some point I informed my mother that I wasn't going anymore. I can't remember a time when I actually believed in god, but I always sort of assumed it ended somewhere around 13.

Fast forward some number of years, and my kid brother is 11, and being confirmed this summer. Out of respect for my godfearing but fortunately otherwise sane family, I swallow my displeasure at organized brainwashing. I think the only thing that keeps me quiet is being able to grin about having given up religion by age eleven =)

2. Don't worry. AFAIK, the flying spaghetti monster will spare true believers from whatever fate awaits those who have been damned otherwise by lesser religions. Honestly, the soul of your brother sounds more in peril than yours.

Saw the sig, couldn't resist ;) See you in hell I suppose

3. I'll save you a seat on the edge of the beer volcano with a view of the stripper factory exit ramp =)

4. I'm telling you. Worship the sun, pray to Joe Peschi. George Carlin had it right.