i just found out, someone i kind of knew died in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'General' started by Jdizzly, May 29, 2010.

1. #1 Jdizzly, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010
    So back in High school, this guy and me used to get in tense debates about republicans v. democrats, and the wars that were currently going on right now. He told me how he was going to join the marines after High School.

Of course me being a Liberal, thinks these wars are for nothing, and i told him he is going to die for nothing. I didn't say it condescending toward him. But he flat out told me "He didn't care, and that he will defend this nations freedom." anyways we went back and fourth about how the wars are wrong or necessary.

Well today i found out, he was killed in action in Afghanistan. I'm not sure how i feel. I kind of knew this guy. I guess you can say it was kind of a love and hate relationship..or mostly hate. But now hes dead, and ill i can think is about the last minutes he had, bleeding to death, in the middle of nowhere afghanistan.

Oh yah i'm pretty sure he was my age "19"-fresh out of high school. I fucking hate that the nonsense wars are happening. Killing boys right out of high school. It's not right! Depending on your view, I just believe were there for oil. Just fucking outrageous.:mad::mad::mad:

---P.S. I just hope he died thinking he was doing right in the world.

R.I.P. man...

Edit: **Actually now that i remember, he was a prick to me. When we would argue he would always call me names, and actually taunt me. *since he was much more tuffer then me*** I don't know..fuck the wars, it's not worth young people dying for oil corporations.

2. reading this post is just depressing.. and noo its isnt karma? Just because you call someone names in highschool doesnt mean you deserve to be shot O_O and diee.....

3. Whether or not you might like a person means nothing when someone is dead, it always leaves you with an uneasy feeling regardless.

4. I don't care your a dick.

My cousin is out in Afghan right now i'd never tell him but shit man i'm really worried about him

5. This is very true. :(

6. OP, sorry to hear the bad news. At least he was someone who was a prick to you, and not someone who cared about you and who you cared about. But still, it always sucks hearing that someone died, no matter who they were.

It sucks that we live in a society where "killing under the cloak of war" is considered perfectly fine. It's really not right. If only pot smoking was popular and accepted worldwide. Who would fly planes into skyscrapers when they could smoke a joint?

7. Kind of ignorant thing to say don't you think? 'Musta been karma that he DIED because he was such a dick...'

OP, not sure what to say. Even though he was a dick to you, still sucks that he died I guess.

8. #9 Jdizzly, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2010

It's chill man, even though he was a bit "mean" to me, it's still is a bit of a burner.

If i wasn't out of herb, i would smoke a bowl to him in honor of him.

9. #10 Kutchie, May 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2010

this affected me :(
    edit: it's fucked up that young boys are dying out in the middle of nowhere for no reason, he went as a boy but died a man... RIP to all soldiers killed in action.

10. Its funny to see how misused the word karma is nowadays and to what ramifications.
    Sorry to hear about him dying, and completely agree with Tiny631.

11. You're a good man. :hello:

12. Why are people so outraged over people dying in wars? It's not like anyone forced him to join. I'm pretty sure he knew there was a chance he'd die considering he joined the fucking armed forces.

13. This is true, but what I believe is all of soldiers are brainwashed into thinking what were doing is right. The fact is that that these "wars" that are happening right now should not be happening. Like i said above, depending on what you believe, we are not there to "protect are freedoms". Instead it's all about letting the military industrial complex profit off these nonsense wars, and letting the oil corporations suck all the oil out of the middle east.

But enough of politics!

14. Well I don't know about brainwashed.....

15. Sorry bud, I've been there. I've lost three people to this war and two of my cousins are in waist deep over there as I type this.

It gets better very quickly, particularly if you didn't know him that well, but the worst thing you can do to yourself right now is over-think the 'why.' Simply wait until you can think about the whole scenario without much difficulty and then legitimize it to yourself.

16. yah man, thanks for the advice. hope everything works out for your two cousins.