Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I just found a seed!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by black widow, Feb 15, 2008.

1. So today I just picked up some new bud from a friend which he said was some purple hash plant. Anyways, I was breaking it up and found a seed and now I've found three more. Anyone else ever grown something they got from bud they bought? Also how do you preserve a seed? I'm going to have to be moving in about three months and I have to wait til then to grow it.

2. maybe it was a hermie?

3. I just found my first seeds in my life today. Just keep the seeds in a plastic bag and they should be fine.

4. Put them in lemon juice for a sec to germinate them then you can put them in a moist paper towel to sprout.

5. Lemon juice? never heard of that one, but plain water works just fine.

6. if you want to preserve it, put some seeds in a ziplock baggie and suck all the air out. put the seed in a refriggerator, or a freezer (turn the settings down a little so it doesnt kill it) and it should stay preserved.

i found 1 seed in an ounce of cali mist so i put it in a baggie and left it in my trunk (since its winter and its freezing and shit) until my 2 friends moved into an apt. now we planted it there and its growing nice and strong! :hello:

7. ^^Your sig is hillarious, happend to me today.^^

8. This i know but i need to keep them fresh for more like 50 days because i don't have enough time to do a whole grow cycle here and obviously i can't just carry marijuana plants from Canada to the States.. lol whoever said bag it and refigerate it, thank you. I already did that too, it was like my natural instinct.. lol

9. Never heard the lemon juice thing. I'd rather use something with a neutral PH.

10. I just hope I can grow some of this. I'm guessing I will have both male and female seeds, this isn't a strain i've ever had before so i think whoever grew it might have just recently made it so i doubt i just got hermi seeds... plus it's pretty potent and i beleive hermies usually produce poor quality marijuana? don't know though, never grown a hermi myself.

11. If the grower had good bud, chances are he chopped down all the obvious males but missed a hermie, this means that your seeds will be female, however if he missed a male, you will have male and female plants.

Hermies don't produce inferior bud, hermie pollenating a female = female seeds.

12. hermies are also within the genetics. F1 strains (high quality) even tend to hermy if you continue to clone them time after time. If it's in the genes, it could come out at any time triggered by stress or anything like that.

13. That is also another possability.

14. oh see my theory was that the grower had just recently mixed the two plants and hadn't feminized the strain yet. But yeah it's pretty strong stuff. I wanna know what the purple is.. Have any of you ever had something called purple hash plant?

15. I was thinking maybe one spore just happen to float on over to a flower. Thats possible too. I've had Hash plant, and purple kush. Who knows what he could have mixed.

16. Yeah it has a slight purple kush after taste but for the most part looks, smells, and smokes like hash plant. Hopefully one of my seeds turns out, it won't be awhile before i get to test them though. Smoke pretty good, i wish i had taken some pictures but it's already gone now. i only had 2.5 grams to begin with so i smoked it all yesterday.