I just don't care...

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Gumbo, Nov 20, 2009.

1. I saw a thread in the general forum titled "idc", and it got me thinking. I really don't care about most things. When people tell me how their day went, I don't care. When people tell me about something particularly bad about their day/week whatever, I just can't bring myself to care.

I'm not selfish or anything, I'm very gernerous with most things, including substances and food (it's currency in college). I just really can't bring myself to care about nearly anything that's going on in my life.

Anyone else like this?

2. at times yes definitly- and at other times not so much?

3. i care about important things but not little things that dont effect anything

4. I don't care

5. ive felt the same way dude, and if its one thing i learned its that when i do care about how other ppl's day went and stuff my day becomes better. the same goes for whoever u talk to; if you listen and carry on a convo (even if your not being sincere) with that person, you make their day better just by being attentive.

you may not be selfish but everyone at some point learns that to live a fruitful life, one must live for others, not just for ones self.

6. well put

/thread... lol jk

7. I care I listen to music and I care what I am listening too, I care what I eat, play, who I am with what I say...

8. I'm pretty selective with what I care about. I like to think I have my own life and problems to deal with rather than to use my time to deal with others' problems..

Being independant is great. If you can manage to beat problems and obstacles on your own like i've always done, I find I get a better understanding out of it later, and it helps me deal with problems later on.

I'll give them my opinion if they ask. But as for trying to solve their dilemma's.. I don't care, I just let them do it, and in the long run if they can themself then they'll probably get more out of it than just getting the answer from someone or something other than what they really want inside.

9. this is exactly how i am. but i used to be the complete opposite, until after 13 years of dealing with everyones issues cause me to have a massive breakdown....now im like whatever

10. I've always loved helping people with their problems, and listening to their problems. i guess I'm pretty empathetic

11. I only have a certain amount of room for stuff I care about...