I just bought a shit guitar

Discussion in 'General' started by bassistheshit3, May 11, 2012.

1. I just bought a guitar that costs 20$ new. I was going to cut it up and take parts of it to make a cigar box guitar (which i may still do) but i was thinking of some other cool shit i could do like turning it into a 7 or 8 string guitar. any ideas?

2. Acoustic I'm assuming? Where did you find a guitar that was 20 dollars new? Walmart? Lol what a steal. Definitely can afford to do something cool with it.

3. To turn it into a 7 or 8 string you're going to have to replace the nut, bridge, and probably the headstock to make room for another tuner. Too much work

4. damn and i thought my washburn d-100 was a piece of shit...lol...yea man just get a tuner or two, make sure you dont bend or break the neck, one twist and i bet that bitch would snap lmao

5. [quote name='"Danonymous"']To turn it into a 7 or 8 string you're going to have to replace the nut, bridge, and probably the headstock to make room for another tuner. Too much work[/quote]

Yeah I know. That's kinda the fun of it though, ya know?

6. You could stick a dildo on it so you feel the vibrations of the strings in your ass like a musical vibrator.

7. is it a glued or bolted neck?

8. damn dude, this thread isn't called "what is your fantasy"...that one is 4 threads down

9. Tear it apart if it was only 20 I dont see success in converting it to a 7 string

10. acoustic or electric?

11. make it a fretless guitar. It's like a fretless bass... but a guitar...

12. take it back an buy one made of metal?
    haha jk umm u can fix it up
    an sell it for more then u got it for?

13. [quote name='"MilkyLumpkinz"']take it back an buy one made of metal?
    haha jk umm u can fix it up
    an sell it for more then u got it for?[/quote]

I'm sorry, but do you know anything about guitars?

14. .... :rolleyes: [​IMG]

15. Lmao. I wouldn't even want a 20$ guitar. Is it one of those mini ones? Id just break it.

16. #16 Sunshine86, May 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
    You can't simply convert a traditional guitar to one of extended range without EXTENSIVE modification (if it's possible at all). Doing so would require one to fit a wider neck (to accomodate the extra string/s), route the neck pocket (assuming it's a bolt-on) and cavities to accommodate the necessary hardware, and reposition the bridge so that the guitar has the appropriate scale length. It's not an easy project by any means and unless you're and experienced/knowledgeable luthier, not a task you'll be able to tackle on your own.

17. If it was only 20 bucks i wouldnt imagine it even being a good guitar, i dont think i would waste the time making it an 6 or 8 string guitar.
    Go with the ash tray idea :3 its creative and if u do it right it will look bad ass!

18. It's more than $20 just for strings on most acoustics :laughing: