i just almost died.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ismokegreen, Jul 2, 2010.

1. not really... but i was in my back yard, and decided to climb the rope that we have located in our backyard.
    its a pretty good workout.
    so i get ready, and start climbing without using my legs to work just my upper body...
    id gotten about 25 feet up or so when all of a sudden i hear a pop, the rope goes slack and i plummet to the ground landing on my leg, which collapses allowing my ass to cushion the remainder of the fall.

im alright, my leg hurts a little bit but its not a big deal... it was just fuckin crazy... and kinda fun to be honest. like i didnt realize that many thoughts could rush through your head within 2-3 seconds. i had time to be like "well im falling, cus the rope snapped just like i always worried about happening... im pretty high, this is probably gonna hurt, i dont think im gonna die though" and then i envisioned a man falling from a building all before i hit the ground.

annyway,i just thought id share lol.:wave:

2. I stopped reading after this.

Just kidding. I know exactly what you mean about thinking so many things within only a few seconds - it happens to me a lot.
    Hope you're feeling all right, man.

3. I'm pretty afraid of heights so I'm always all nervous and cautious when climbing trees and whatnot but when I do fall I'm immediately like "Hey this ain't so bad!" as I fall before I duck and roll.

I don't get why I'm still afraid of heights. I'm slowly getting over it, with the help of Mary Jane.

4. yea dude, its crazy...

and yea, im cool thanks .
    yea, im not afraid of heights, im afraid of falling... but i feel like this may have helped me with that fear since like you said, it really wasnt that bad.

5. crazy stuff man
    25ft is a longs way nice on not breaking somethin

6. I've gone into slow motion a few times, and I can remember my exact thought processes each time. The order of my thoughts is very clear.

7. Its like that feeling you get right before a car accident. You see the car coming and you know you are gonna hit.. Time slows down and you think a thousand thoughts at once as you brace for impact.

8. time is irrelevant, reality is perception. an hour can feel like a minute. when my harness broke on the flying fox due to being improperly put on all that when through my head was SHIT SHIT SHIT.

a question when this happened did u see in black and white, or colour? i saw in colour.
    theres a myth that you see in black and white in near death experiences.

9. Did you biff on the flying fox?
    I saw in color right before the car accident.

10. Haha yeah man, I always have that where you think so many things in like 2 seconds. I then wonder how I thought of all of that shit so fast lmao.

11. #11 ismokegreen, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2010
    yea, im pretty sure everything was in color.... but your experience sounds a lot crazier than mine, is the flying fox an amusement park ride?
    i know right? but what can i say, im like a cat... always land on my feet;)
    which for some reason was a good thing
    yea, i was weird... like compacted into quick bursts of thought or something.