I hurt my auto a little bit wondering if I should remove the stem or let it grow?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Mauwie420Wauwie, May 30, 2019.

1. I was pushing down on the foliage yesterday and heard a little snap, it didnt totally break but idk if I should remove it to let the other branches grow out or let it heal. I think shes about 5 and a half weeks old now. I kinda pulled the stem back a little so you can see where the wound is. This is an autoflower just to be clear. You can see the little black line at the stock near the bottom on the left side. 20190530_083316.jpg

2. Try to clone it. Or brace and wrap it and see if it heals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I dont think you can clone these? I'm just wondering if itll take away from other bud production since it's starting to flower?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Screenshot_20190518-220051_Chrome.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Hmm interesting I'd like to see some results is it worth it? I dont wanna run a light for 24 hours to get a quarter out of it.

6. No idea, I only do photo strains, auto just seems to finicky for me

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I'm running both rn the autos are pretty interesting this is them at just 5 weeks. First time with autos as well. 20190527_182033.jpg 20190527_182044.jpg

8. I was going to suggest that since it is SO close the the leaf, that you could tie them together...
    but with that many plants... why bother.
    I'm growing a branch that I accidentally broke off an auto... just for giggles and grins;
    I want to see, for myself, if 'what they say' is correct.
    It's alive but just not worth the effort... for me.
    the little thing was planted three weeks ago... and looks ready to flower.
    DSCN0148.JPG
    The mother started flowering on May 13. This would be the end of *my* expected two week shock delay.

9. That's what I was reading from the article @Dscdk posted it's not really worth the effort. But I'm still wondering, should I leave it to heal or cut it off? I'm open to suggestions:love-m3j:

10. Don't clone it, no reason to. It will be halfway through flower before the roots are good and then it will continue to just finish it's life off by flowering and dying. Keep it if it's one of your big tops... Tape it or tie it .It will be fine.

11. Sounds good just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to take away from bud production

12. The other side of the coin is that you're gonna have to pay very close attention to THAT cola, in particular, and maintain a GOOD support system for it.
    What's "good"? Every situation is different; you'll have to keep it propped up.
    (those yoyos look intriguing, if applicable)
    Hey! It's a hobby! I've got time;. Someone else; maybe 'not do much'.

13. Well like I said I kinda bent it down just to show you in the pic it's really not hanging like a lose nail it's still connected pretty tight I just didnt know they say dont stress autos because they dont have enough recovery time, I'm just trying to learn

14. I don't believe that particular break will shock your plant.
    If I'm wrong, please let me know.
    Just compare its growth with all the others.
    I've seen auto shock; my plant STOPPED... then started up, again; no harm.

• Like Like x 1