I hit an owl

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MrCyrus182, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Literally hit a great horned owl outta the air while I was driving on the freeway last night. I was on my way home from by buddy's house after tokin up, doin like 80, when I see a grey blur come from the left and I hear a bang as something hits the front of my car. Im like wtf?? then I see a wing sticking up over my hood. The fucker smashed through my front grill and was stuck in the front of the car. I just drove home with the owl still stuck there cause I couldn't find a stick to get it out. At home I was able to extract it, there was no blood or anything and it didn't look messed up at all externally, just dead. :( It probably had like a 3 foot wingspan.

I feel kinda bad about but there wasn't much I could really do... I'm just glad I didn't panic and crash cause it was startling as fuck, especially considering how baked I was. It sucks that the front of my car is fucked up though.

2. Owls are awesome :(

3. I LOVE OWLS :(

negative rep

4. [quote name='"MrCyrus182"']Literally hit a great horned owl outta the air while I was driving on the freeway last night. I was on my way home from by buddy's house after tokin up, doin like 80, when I see a grey blur come from the left and I hear a bang as something hits the front of my car. Im like wtf?? then I see a wing sticking up over my hood. The fucker smashed through my front grill and was stuck in the front of the car. I just drove home with the owl still stuck there cause I couldn't find a stick to get it out. At home I was able to extract it, there was no blood or anything and it didn't look messed up at all externally, just dead. :( It probably had like a 3 foot wingspan.

I feel kinda bad about but there wasn't much I could really do... I'm just glad I didn't panic and crash cause it was startling as fuck, especially considering how baked I was. It sucks that the front of my car is fucked up though.[/quote]

neg rep

5. Ah you guys make me feel bad :( if its any consolation I buried it in my back yard.

6. You are going to have bad luck forever.

7. lol i would of been laughing pretty hard, but owls are awesome dude =(

8. Aww poor owl :[
    I hit a baby deer once. It was literally like a foot tall. It was just chilling in the road, probably separated from its mom. My brakes locked up and I couldn't go around because there was trafic coming in the opposite direction and a creek about 20 feet below the road on the side of me. Had no choice but to hit it or hurt myself/others :[ I felt terrible but can't always blame the driver.

9. It happened at night...Owls move VERY fast and almost completely without sound...it was an accident.
    I'm pretty certain that it's fairly hard to avoid an oncoming bird that you'd likely not even see prior to a few metres in front of your vehicle.

Unfortunate though, owls are nice creatures. They seem very intelligent.
    Though in this case, I'd say that it's on the owl, not the driver.

10. Yah right...you guy were smoking underneith the tree he was chilling on and when you guys left he decided to go home to but was to stoned and just disregarded the speeding light that was coming towards him

ill have to go with negative rep for getting an owl stoned and then driving into him....

11. Why would you neg rep him? Jesus.

Shit happens man not like you could do anything to prevent it. As a result you have to repay the world by raising an owl yourself.

12. Yo i was literally just riding my quad goin about 40 and a fuckin bat hit me right in the eye.

13. Haha i thought you ment you punched a owl

14. Haha yea we're talking ~.1 seconds from seeing it to impact.

15. The wisest of the bird species.. The mighty owl has fallen. Though he couldn't keep up with the times may his legacy remain.

16. #17 smokehound, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2012
    Actually, as far as bird intelligence is concerned, owls are actually pretty stupid.

If their brains werent tied down with the requirements needed to power their enormous eyes they'd probably be way smarter..

Burrowing owls are pretty smart though.

If you want to talk wise birds, Crows for the motherfuckin win!

17. what do you drive? a fuckin crop duster?