I haven't been able to hold a job for the past 3 years

Discussion in 'General' started by Cplus, Sep 13, 2017.

1. I haven't being able to hold a job 3 years and I just can't seem to hold a job anymore finding work is easy but sticking with is the hard part for me the longest I've worked in the past three years is 4 days the shortest was 10 minutes before I decide to just go home and this doesn't even include the jobs that I got that I didn't even bother showing up to. So far I've had 23 jobs and I don't even know what to do anymore but these were all general labor work. Before I was a Salesman and I really enjoyed it but then the company went out of business and I haven't been able to find another sales job so when I go work these factory warehouse jobs it's the most depressing environment I've ever been in. I know if I got another sales job I would stick with it 100% but since I can't find any I'm stuck doing these factory jobs for less than minimum wage through agencies. I don't know what to do any suggestions? I really need the money right now cuz my savings are starting to dry up but even money isn't motivating me to work these depressing jobs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. what kind of sales? Like paint/furniture store associate or telemarketing or like car sales? There's always room out there and somebody is always looking

3. Inside sales doing consumer proposals I loved talking with clients and putting their proposals together pay was great and commission was amazing. Free lunch everyday go for a smoke whenever you want. A trip to the Bahamas or wherever once a year paid by the company and the people I worked with were just great. I would work 12 hours a day not because I had to but because I wanted to it was that good.

I've tried sending resumes out to places online but I haven't been lucky. I'm not looking for any sales job I'm looking specifically for inside sales with a proper company that sell something I'm interested in selling because if it's not I'm probably not going to stick around very long.

4. 4now--have u thought about a server job. its kind of like sales, plus u get cash same day
    also pizza/food delivory job
    places like grubhub...

sometimes its the enviroment/city/area you live in
    certin goverment policies direct and guide the local job economy
    we have a pro job president in so that should help
    before, we had a president whos policies hurt jobs
    some state goverments are going towards more job freindly policies also

so there is optimisinm

i did sales for a while and it was ok. i did retail mostly, i also worked for companies like t-mobile b4 tmobile, i also did outside door to door 100% had to wait two weeks to get paid commision..all sales jobs...

there are all sorts of sales jobs out there
    in houston anyways
    have you expanded your search? let me know and i can try and help you...

5. who pays your freaking bills?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. #8 Bill Dauterive, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Man go out there and get you a JOB. I'm telling you from personal experience warehouse jobs are depressing..for everyone it's not just you! So suck it up and go get you some money. Every job is going to suck unless your living your dream job.

You have to kind of detach yourself from all emotions and remind yourself your there for the check if not you'll just be wallowing in the fact your at a place you hate. You sometimes have to find ways to make the job bearable. Seriously man 10 minutes? Money not motivating you?

Stop smoking weed for awhile man because its only going to kill your motivation.... even the most motivated person is affected by weeds motivational inhibitions.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I have had numerous jobs, also. Most last about 6 months to a year. My employers give me great reviews and I work up the ranks quickly but a hate festers inside of me that I cannot break focus from. Each day I return to work becomes more frustrating, a lot of times with nothing to trigger the frustration. This evolves even faster when I work with people that cannot pull their own weight or for an employer that continually damages their reputation.

Really damages the home life. Women get scared when you cannot hold a job down. I seem to get better with the years but working for another person to get rich will never bring me happiness.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #10 CBDBurner, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2018
    We all serve someone man just the way life is. I’d go to school and start your own buisiness or just set limits don’t get to invested. Do what you think is enough and cut it off at that mark. If your a hard worker U prob still be runnin circles round co workers, there’s no such thing as work ethic anymore man if u work hard and there ain’t much politics it’s easy to move up once ya get a manager position u build the team of ppl working under you. Just make sure they have the same values as you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Go start your own business sell some stuff

this time its you who make the cash

think for yourself its still free

99% of my life as a hobo is in sales

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  10. I make $220k a year, spend most of my work hours on my phone and bullshitting with like minded people, and waiting for something to happen. I'm second guessed regularly, stressed out because of the responsibility (300 people expecting me to make the right decision in an industry that is hazardous and unpopular politically in my location), and I'm always exhausted because of the rotating shifts. I've been at my company for 14 years though. The key to work is remembering that you're working to live, not living to work. I power through my shifts knowing that my family needs me to. When the whistle blows at the end of the day, they're home waiting for me. I remind myself constantly through a 12 hour shift that my wife, who's my best friend, is waiting for me. It sounds like you need to change your mindset.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I should have added that I hate my job. LOL. Changes the context of the whole thing. I'm only the until the whistle blows, and then I'm not. It keeps me going.

12. You’ve so got that right - it’s extremely frustrating and is only getting worse as the years go by. Youth do NOT want to get out there and work hard anymore.

I’m in and have been in my trade since ‘84 - so, 34 years. We are in a branch of commercial construction - and yes, it’s hard work, but hard work never hurt anyone and has made many men out of boys - but less and less as time goes on. I’m sure I sound negative but i see it firsthand daily. We are very very busy - we have a lot of work but CANNOT fill our positions. We advertise everywhere - we pay very well for a hard days work and offer every benefit out there from Health to Dental to paid vacations and holidays and matched 401K - etc etc.

I pull my hair out trying to hire. Response to our ads is weak at best. We end up using Temp services to fill the spots out of necessity which really sucks.

J

• Like Like x 1
  13. Construction compares to base ball in my opinion large burst of energy in short periods of time throughout the day. Weather is more fatiguing than the actual work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hey man if you're in the telecom/communication construction biz HMU in a pm.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I should update everyone since this thread has been bumped. I'm now back to working in sales in a call center. Been here for 5months and I enjoy my job. No more shitty factories for me.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Its Been about 10 Years for me.

Double Digits now

Heh

I don't Believe there Is Any Government. Only Law'less Criminals in Blue Uniforms. Who I hope Quit their jobs or Repent from Sinning, or Starve with me.

Anyways. I Have a Big Book I've Written online.

Search for Nevarh420

Hence Speaking

Sup?

My Elysium Trips

17. I searched the name the only thing I could find on google was this post and a pixel art portfolio. Not sure your level of seriousness with the above post.

18. Oh, I’m sure... and especially about the not working for the last ten years from other totally off the wall posts I’ve seen from this um person.

J