I have to write a term paper....i think im going to write about weed

Discussion in 'General' started by Epitimize, Oct 7, 2013.

1. So for my Economics class i have to write a 3-4 page term paper on a current macroeconomical subject. Since the government has shut down over debt problem, I think its a great idea to write about how weed can turn the economy back around and get us out of our trillions in debt. I think ill go hit a bowl before i start writing! :bongin:

2. Your professor will laugh in your face and fail you. First of all, your thesis doesn't even make sense. Also, must professors don't want to read papers about marijuana unless they're very professionally done.

Sent from my Samsung GS4 SCH-I545

3. Well weed isn't going to cure the economy.

It's barely going to make a dent.

It's HEMP that can help the US economy.

4. Also your professor will probably laugh in your face.

5. Too common. I'm sure he gets papers like that every time, regardless of the "debt problem."

6. Lol, not in college...u can write about any material that has to do wih class material. And one of the topics is drug legalization, and the proffessor talks about partying and doesnt care about smoking weed, in fact he actually was giving us a lecture about wax the other day (he didnt know what it was when hos friends were smoking it haha)...i think ill be fine...and if u put the numbers together for how much money we spend on trying to abolish marijuana, and then add a possible tax to it, there is definitely a possibility to revive the economy. I dont have to fix the economy, just simply provide some suggestions.

7. He passed around some papers from prior years of 100% and people had drug legalization papers (all drugs), i want to do one pertaining to just marijuana and its beneficial properties, as well a 'possible" solution.

8. I think the idea is good, that is if you do it professionally. I would also say to not throw in anything that is biased in anyway. Keep your opinion out of it and only use facts. Good luck, homie. :)

9. You're soooo original....

10. Why not write about a topic that has to do with my everyday life that i can relate to, its not about originality its about what is going on in the world at this period in time, and right now there are plenty of people who agree with legalization. But thanks for the compliment :D

Yea, ill have to be careful about making any bias statements, i also need to have 5 sources. But I have never done a paper like this before but it sounded like a fun topic and idea. I think its coming along pretty well so far. thanks for the advice tho!

11. Don't write about weed, write about hemp. 

12. yea, i changed it to Cannabis in general so i can include hemp and marijuana together, and the beneficial properties of both

13. If you're gonna do it make sure you do it damn good.

14. dont write about weed.  so overdone.  write about nanotechnology or something actually interesting

15. Yeah I remember my weed paper. Every kid in college at some point believes that by writing a paper on marijuana and keeping an un-biased opinion, only letting the FACTS talk for themselves, they'll truly impress the professor. 

And fuck, I mean just about every kid that stones. I mean, your professor has read hundreds of those papers. Sure you can relate to it because you smoke it everyday (I guess that's relating in a vague way...) but it's also incredibly easy. But hey, that's the only reason I did it in English 210 hahaha it was damn easy and so overdone. 

16. Beat me to it.

Read the popular mechanics article about hemp from 1938 that explains the fact that at that point in time they knew of 25,000 uses for hemp. Today we could find more.
    But instead of growing it everywhere here, it is illegal so we pay canada and other countries for their crops of it. God forbid we created thousands and thousands of jobs in our own country. Because it has so many uses the more we would grow, the better off we would be and the more jobs would be needed.

17. "There is no impending government shutdown - only a government slowdown. The threat of a "shutdown" is designed to scare voters while avoiding scrutiny of reckless government overspending.
    \nIf federal lawmakers do not pass a budget or a "continuing resolution" (CR) by Oct. 1, a government spending slowdown will take effect. This could halt almost $1 trillion in annualized spending that the CR would authorize, which is the size of the current federal deficit. If made permanent, this would cut annual federal spending by approximately 27 percent to $2.7 trillion - the current level of revenues coming in.
    \nIn other words, a federal slowdown - if allowed to take full effect - would balance the federal budget. This would greatly benefit the U.S. economy."

18. Where did you get this quote from?  Because it makes almost no sense.

19. Libertarian Party email.

20. I got an A on my essay that I did on cannabis.
    I did a paper on issues of surveillance and territorialization, a semi-marxist interpretation of cannabis policy and the people who write such policies.

There again OP, I'm a humanities major.
    We're expected to be a bunch of marijuana smoking, liberal theorists :laughing: