Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I HAVE to tell my parents i smoke, how should i do it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by samkilty, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Hey blades thanks for helping. My parents have been suspicious and today my eyes were really red when i came home and they directly said they would apreciate the truth. They also said they could easily drive me to a drug test tomorrow, so i know they probaly will. I'm gonna tell my om first, what should i say/how do i approach this? I have a 4.0 and run track so idk how theyll feel, please help!

2. well it depends on how they feel about the herb...

3. Tell them you smoke. If you do actually maintain a 4.0 and run track, I don't see why they would be angry at you.

4. Straight up tell them and see where the convo goes from there. Point out how you can smoke and still be responsible with it, how you know how to stay outta trouble with it, how you keep your grades up ect. Good luck. I did the same and it was the best choice ever. Ever.

5. Mention how much safer it is than alcohol, and healthier than caffeine.

6. With a lit blunt in your mouth.

7. tell them how long you have smoked, and while you have smoked, that you have maintained a 4.0GPA. also, show the the union. just google: the union weed

8. dude im trippin out on GDP. but damn, just come out to em. even if they hate you for a while, you are still their son and they love you enough to forgive you eventually

good luck :smoke:

9. just tell them the truth. Think of it this way if you dont your just going to have to keep a constant game of cat and mouse with them which in the long run it just get frustrating and annoying and they find out sooner than later and as far as your academics explain to them that it obviously isnt effecting you in any way if you have a 4.0.... But if they dont like it you still have to respect their opinion snd not get mad when they tell you something.

10. make sure you smoke them out as well. be polite

11. Their house their rules, youll understand when you own your own place. So only toke when your staying over somewhere, or when youll have time to come down a bit before headed back.

12. This sounds good. Throw something in also along the lines of, "I would rather smoke weed then drink alcohol". Which I can control myself much better when I smoke VS drinking.

Good luck mate I wish yoh the best of luck!

13. "Yo mom and dad, you wanna hit this?"

14. The union:The business behind getting high.

15. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you say. Their house their rules. Even if you aren't hurting anyone and living a good life. Its up to them unless your going to move out. My parents don't like it for the fact I could lose my job or get arrested. They know it can be good. Biggest reason they don't like it because if I had it and the cops knew where I lived, I could get my parents in trouble for possession in their house. Never thought of that. But the odds are super slim, so I continue to smoke. So it all depends on how ur parents feel about it.

16. Yeah man infact if i had a kid, and he did all that i'd tell him to smoke lol

17. Exact same situation with my parents.

18. Dont tell them, drop the subject and wait until tomorrow. Parent's tried the same shit on me many times, never been drug tested. Now take this as a lesson and go buy yourself some eye drops and shit man.

19. Most parents don't like marijuana for the fact that its illegal. Mine and most of friends parents know its not a health concern, its a law concern.

20. You may find a few ideas in these!

High Childhood IQ Linked to Subsequent Illicit Drug Use, Research Suggests
    (news – 2011) High childhood IQ linked to subsequent illicit drug use, research suggests

Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults (news - 2010)
    Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults

Marijuana May Offset Alcohol-Induced Cognitive Impairment Among Teens
    (news – 2010) Marijuana May Offset Alcohol-Induced Cognitive Impairment Among Teens

Cannabis Use and Obesity and Young Adults ( abst - 2010)
    Cannabis Use and Obesity and Young Adults, The American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, Informa Healthcare

When Your Kid Smokes Pot (news – 2008)
    [FONT=&quot]When Your Kid Smokes Pot | MND: Your Daily Dose of Counter-Theory

[/FONT] Teens who use only cannabis appear to function better than those who also use tobacco (news - 2007) Teens who use only cannabis appear to function better than those who also use tobacco

Teens Who Smoke Marijuana But Not Tobacco Are Different From Other Teen Groups (news - 2007) Teens Who Smoke Marijuana But Not Tobacco Are Different From Other Teen Groups

Swiss Study Finds Marijuana Use Alone May Benefit Some Teens (news - 2007)
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,308258,00.html

Are Cigarettes More of a Drag on Teens than Marijuana? (news - 2007)
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=are-cigarettes-more-of-a

Pot May Not Shrink Teens' Brains After All (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]Medical News:pot May Not Shrink Teens' Brains After All - in Neurology, General Neurology from MedPage Today

[/FONT] Moderate cannabis use not harmful to the brain of adolescents, M R I study finds
    (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

[/FONT] A preliminary DTI study showing no brain structural change associated with adolescent cannabis use (full - 2006) A preliminary DTI study showing no brain structural change associated with adolescent cannabis use

Study of 4000 indicates marijuana discourages use of hard drugs. (news – 2008)
    Study of 4000 indicates marijuana discourages use of hard drugs.

Calling B.S. on the Idea of 'Marijuana Addiction' (news – 2008)
    [FONT=&quot]Calling B.S. on the Idea of 'Marijuana Addiction' | Drugs | AlterNet

[/FONT] Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults (news - 2010)
    [FONT=&quot]Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults[/FONT]