Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I have to stop medicating. Help.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Dankrupt, Feb 3, 2013.

1. So, I've been an avid user my whole life, never an abuser. But I do have trouble quitting for time being. I'm joining law enforcement in the future, and I have to start cutting back to none. I would appreciate ANY input on the successful ways of quitting smoking. Thank you.

2. Tell your friends bye, seriously my friends never influenced when when i needed to quit for drug tests but just being around them makes me wanna smoke, especially when they're doing it around me... Just get rid of anything that triggers a desire to toke..

Then again you might have more control than me, i do that shit constantly

3. separating yourself from regular users at least for the first week helps a lot

4. Get off this site lol. Stay active and productive.

5. I quit (kinda). I'm not sure if I'll come back but it's been already a month w/o green and it's been pretty easy. Just keep busy and stay away from anything that will make you want to smoke and you're good.

I recommend having a job, exercise, video games, etc. Anyone that says it's really tough is a weak-minded individual.

6. One of my best friends quit a year and a half ago and he just goes to school, plays xbox and I guess tries to keep his mind off of it.

7. I'm having a break now, its been 24 days. its actually not hard. you just have to realize that your going to be bored a lot of the time because your used to doing stuff stoned, which is better. but after a couple of weeks you get back to normal again.

all I can really say for advice is don't inhale cannabis, that's all you have to do.

8. Thank you EVERYONE for your input. My friends are probably going to be step 1. I'm also talking to a girl who absolutely hates pot. And she's an additional motivation to my stopping. Life is too good to stay high, but weed is too good to stay sober.... If you know what I mean.

9. If you keep smoking, you're gonna end up dankrupt.

10. You just stop smoking. Bam, your good!

11. working for the law? quit and get off this site, not many people like the law here

12. #12 happytolive, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
    I quit in the middle of last year and am still sober (I'm on here because I'm contemplating using it again). It can be difficult to quit, and it took me a few attempts at actually trying to quit until I got it done. Here's what I did:

-Delete all dealers numbers. Delete numbers of anyone you blaze with, but don't actually like that much in real life. Anyone who you only associate with while high or to get high, probably won't be close with you once you stop. Ask if the relationship is based solely on mutual weed usage, or if you guys are still buddies while sober as well.
    - Start getting in great shape, and eat well. If you already are in good shape, up the ante. If you normally run a mile everyday, start running two or three.
    - If you have paraphernalia, give it to a friend. If you're really determined, sell them to a stranger.
    - Try learning something new. I learned to cook lots of really cool dishes since I quit. It's not something I ever thought I would do, but it filled the time that I usually spent trying to find weed.
    -Personally I stopped drinking and using tobacco as well, and would advise you to try to stay away from other substances. On the other hand, I do know of others who quit weed and just got drunk every night for the first couple weeks.
    - Try meditating, or praying, or whatever you find spiritual. Weed offers us a spiritual experience, and meditation/prayer can do the same.

An idea (that I've never tried) would be to post a piece of paper directly above your bed where your eyes look to as soon as you wake up. On the piece of paper write "I QUIT, GOTTA GET THAT JOB!". This will remind you of how committed you are to quitting everyday when you wake up and go to sleep. Good luck! :wave:

13. It's hard to judge how substances affect others. I can get drunk everyday and stop with no problem - that doesn't mean that alcoholics are 'weak' or that my mind is stronger than theirs.

14. Well he was a pothead so I think he is going to give stoners a break if he ever encounters one on the job.

15. remember that if u keep injecting mariguana this wil b u

[​IMG]

16. Yeah work for the law. What do you do? I'm a criminal justice major smart ass. I'm pretty sure I want to be a lawyer and that kind of entitles me to go into law enforcement to understand the laws that I'm going to be using in the courtroom. If people didn't like the law, they wouldn't be so respectful in helping me answer questions. The law keeps you alive mofo, believe it or not.

17. Don't chill with your friends when they're smoking for at least a week or two, til you stop getting that "damn I wanna smoke" feeling every single day.

After that you're pretty much money.

18. It's more like damn I wanna smoke every few hours. Lol

19. Quitting is easier when you can find something to distract you from your desires. The toughest part is getting yourself to fall asleep without being stoned, and sleepless nights may be something you have to fight through for a week or so when you quit.

20. I just found out my friend died. Another in critical condition. Man.... Quitting wont be easy.