I Have To Start All Over. Help!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GROWIN4ME, Mar 26, 2002.

1. HI TO EVERYONE. I OF COURSE AM A FIRST TIME GROWER. I SCREWED UP MY FIRST PLANT BY OVERWATERING. I WOULD GET WORRIED IF I SAW THE DIRT STARTING TO GET DRY SO I KEPT IT WET. I ONLY PLANTED 5 SEEDS AND 1 SPROUTED. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT IM DOING SO IT WAS JUST AN EXPERIMENT TO SEE IF I COULD GET ANYTING TO GROW. I NEED SOMEONE (WHO IS PATIENT) TO HELP ME FROM THE BEGINNING. I WANT TO START ALL OVER AND ANY HELP IS DEEPLY APPRECIATED. NO SPECIAL LIGHTS. I HAVE 3 THAT ARE 120 WATTS EACH. MY FIRST PLANT GREW TO 6FT. ALSO I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO TELL IF IT IS MALE OR FEMALE. IM A DUMBASS I KNOW BUT WHERE I LIVE IT IS TOO DANGEROUS TO DEPEND ON GETTING IT ON THE STREET. SO SOMEONE WITH EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE PLEASE HELP. YOU CAN EITHER POST OR SEND ME AN EMAIL AT DPHS91@YAHOO.COM. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

2. well it might not have been watering it could have been becausse u over crowded the seeds.

3. Could you please switch off your "Caps Lock" as It hurts the eyes of all of us old stoners trying to figure out what you are typing.

Not all bag seed is viable and won't sprout, it helps to germinate the seeds in a damp cotton padding for a couple of days to see if the plants will sprout. All those that sprout you can CAREFULLY transplant in to thier own container of moist (not wet) potting mix.

Now water them from the bottem, not pouring it in from the top and watch them come on up.

That will get you started, call back when they start to grow.

4. Thank you all for responding. Sorry about the caps thing. Very bad habit of mine. Is this better? Lol. OK I am replanting today. I have some more seeds. Should I start it off in soil mixed with warm water and Miracle Grow like last time? Also thanks to who moved my comment so it would be seen. I wasnt expecting anyone to reply so thanks!!

5. This is the best forum anywhere and you will find it helpful with all your questions.

6. Unless you have potting soil that comes premixed with fertilizers like miracle-gro or osmocote, I wouldn't add the fertilizer until they are growing on up.

Mother Nature provides seedlings enough nutrients to start off with in the seeds until they have an established root sytsem.

7. i'll say now you came to the right place to learn about growing. Now like Big Poppa Puff said start over, keeping posting, and we will help you all the way.

8. Thanks again you all for replying and offering to help out. Im replanting tonight in soil and warm water. Last plant took 4 days to sprout so hopefully this time will too. Do males sprout faster then females? Or is the only way to tell when they sprout? Then after it sprouts I fertilize? How often do you water it? Last time I think I overwatered. Everyday Id check it and if it was a little dry Id wet it. I think you only fertilize once maybe twice a month. I didnt want it to taste like Miracle Gro. OK Ill go for now. Thank you all so much!

9. Good luck....patience...we will be here...

[​IMG]

10. Thanks for the welcome Ndica. Does anyone know where I can get cheap seeds? A safe place.

11. Heavan's Stairway in the link section.

I believe the consensus here is that all newbie's should start off with the strain Top 44 until you get you sea legs.

12. Thanks for the sites. Ill try them all. I planted my last 10. 8( Im hoping they all sproud but probably one 2 or 3 will. Anyway thanks you all.

13. Hi everybody!! I planted 6 seeds and only one sprouted. Bummer but what do you expect from 6 seeds? I guess it looks ok. it has 2 little leaves on it. If anyone has any tips Id appreciate it. When do i replant it? Also should I fertilize it when i replant it? How many watts of light would bee too much for it at this size?

14. Flourescent lights are the ok for the vegatative growth cycle. if you have one sprout, don't think the others aren't any good some seeds take longer than others to germinate, so be patient. As far as watering, i poke a finger in the soil, away from the plant so as not to harm the roots. If the soil is moist don't water if dry water, it's alot easier than it sounds to grow. You just have to learn to be patient with mother nature and she will give you the rewards.

15. Well, the lights i have are 3 120 watt grow lights. where i live there are no mercury vaporty or hid lights available. at least not to use in a closet. Hopefully these will work until time to bud. last time the buds were wimpy. I guess it was either the lighting or where i messed it up.

16. OK thank you for the suggestions Mickey.

17. Really...grab a few flourescent fixtures,,they are cheap..Toss those 120w grow floods away..they really don't provide the light you need...for an inexpensive HID fixture..for closet...check the ,,Home Depot,Menard's,Lowes,etc in your area for a 70w or 100w hps security light,,they are suitable..you will not be disappointed...

Never...use Mercury Vapor

[​IMG]

18. Hi all. My one little sprout did not make it. Im still waiting to see if the other 5 do anything. Ndica thank you for the advice. I will switch lights as soon as possible. I tried to tell my hubby but it was like talking to a wall. Ill change lights and put them on my other seeds. I have 7 others to plant so wish me luck. Thanks again!!