I Have To Be 21 To Renew My Green Card?

Discussion in 'General' started by GANJABLITZ, Jul 16, 2014.

1. #1 GANJABLITZ, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
    I am in in washington state and my recommendation expired, so the last time I was at the dispensary I picked up a card for renewing recommendations. I called them and they asked if I was under 21, and I told them I am 20. They then said their dr.'s usually don't visit with anyone under 21, but they told me to come in since I was getting a renewal and I thought the Dr. would at least look at my medical paperwork.

I went to the clinic and I waited a long while, then I was led to the Dr. and the moment I walked in. The Dr. said, "How old are you." "Im 20." "Nope, I can't do it. 21 and over. I respond, "Why, the law is 18 and I have paperwork and It's a renewal." Nope, I can't do this. Only 21 years old and up." I walked out after that.

What is the deal with that place? They wouldn't even look at my medical paperwork. That seemed so odd.  

Im getting my card renewed tomorrow at the clinic I have always gone to.  :smoking: They are always the best and they care about your wellbeing. 

2. It just varies depending on where you go. Most Drs allow 18 and up.

Yeah but why wouldn't they even look at my medical records? I have chronic back pain from tearing muscles in my back after I crashed snowboarding. My conditions were totally legit and I had the paper work from my Dr, explaining the snowboard accident and follow up appointments. The other clinic I went to did 18 and up and I got my card very easily with my medical records. 

4. That is weird, I haven't heard of a Dr not even checking. Maybe that place has had specific troubles with patients under 18? I have no idea, that is odd.

5. You have to go to a clinic to renew? Here in cali we have mmj doctors that give you the rec as long as you pay them to. You can practically walk into a doc's office and tell him your eyes are too white and you want them to be redder. Pay cash, get the rec, walk around the corner to a dispensary, get a free house joint and your high within the hour.

6. #6 GANJABLITZ, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014

Yeah most places are like that and hella easy. And the thing that really pissed me off is 21+ renewals didn't even need medical records. They were walking in and out of the dr's office very quickly. I had medical records with me and my old rec. and the Dr. wouldn't see me. This 21+ clinic (doesn't say anything about 21+ on their website or promotional card) I asked why they only do 21 and they replied with, "things are changing in the medical system, trust me this is best." Like what the fuck I understood none of their Dr's reasoning and I just left and told them I will go to a better clinic that deserves my money haha. Things haven't changed yet and medical is 18+ anyways. 

I turn 21 in 6 months for fucks sake. I never thought being 20 would be a reason for being denied to see the Dr. for a recommendation. 

7. I got my card! AND MEDS! Those assholes at the other place wouldn't even allow me in the Dr.s room when I have qualifying medical conditions all because I was 20 instead or 21 years of age. Cannabis is medicine and they are fucking up taking my right away to grow and have access to quality meds.