Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I have this problem..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rawrSandwich, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Alright so I've only been high 4 times so far, and it's all been in the last 2 weeks. But last night, I made a huge mistake and I smoked alone. It was dumb because when I'm alone my house gives me the creeps even when not high. But anyways, after my mom left, I sat at my window and smoked about 2 bowls of mids. After that I laid down on my bed and listened to a song that's not even funny, and started laughing my ass off.. so I knew I was high. Everything was good at first, then my mind started to wander and I started getting paranoid. I also started to get cottonmouth so bad that I couldn't even really move my tongue lol. I put off going downstairs for as long as possible because I was kinda freaked out because of being high and all. Then I finally go and get some water. Shortly after I get back upstairs I start getting really sick. I kept feeling like I was throwing up in my mouth when there was really nothing. Then after that I started actually throwing up nothing but stomach acid. I felt so shitty that I went to bed with my head partially in a plastic bag just in case I threw up.

Is it normal to get sick like this? It kinda started to happen like this the last time I was high with friends, but I fell asleep and was fine in the morning.
    Also, is it normal for a new smoker to feel the high still even after 12-24 hours? It's been about 24 hours since I last smoked and I still kinda feel it.

Sorry for the long post, but any help would be appreciated.

2. You probably just smoked too much. 2 Bowls is a lot for a new smoker such as yourself. Next time just smoke one bowl and wait 10 min then see how you are feeling. Also if that happens again try eating something surgery or salty. That should bring your high down faster

3. You smoked too much, man.
    Also, after a while you get used to bein high alone...it's really awesome. I prefer it.

4. ^^^ Disagree.

Even for a new smoker, 2 bowls, though depending on the size, really isn't that much weed. Also he said he was smoking regs/mids.

OP, you didn't mention if you were coughing or not. I have a friend that recently started smoking. On his third or fourth time smoking he coughed so much that he started to puke. Pretty messed up stuff, so were you coughing a bunch.

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Maybe you wern't ready to get high by yourself yet, so maybe next time you should wait to smoke with some additional people. IMO, smoking with one other person is the best. That way there is no pressure to take big rips and you have someone to talk to.

5. I'm not sure if that's a new smoker thing, but I agree that it might be a too much thing.

Last time I got high was saturday, it was only on a weed cookie that someone gave me (Although I swear it must have been laced with something.)

Anyways, long story short: I was already drunk and an hour later I was freaking out like crazy, and my one friend tells me I was telling my cat imaginary war stories about my time in Nam. Then I threw up out the bathroom window and went to bed.

I tend to think it just might have been a combo between a high concentration and drunkenness. And yeah, two bowls is alot for a new smoker.

6. #6 rawrSandwich, Nov 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2008
    Thanks for the reply.
    It's weird though, because the other times, I've smoked way more. The second time I ever smoked I was riding around with my friend and we packed like 4-5 bowls of mids and I smoked most of it because she was driving. I never once felt sick though.
    Do you think being so paranoid last night could have also made me sick?

EDIT
    Also I really didn't put much weed in either of the bowls, because I was trying to not get as high as I usually do.

It was different this time too, because I never coughed once, and all the other times I cough so much that I feel puke in my throat after about the 4th big hit.

7. I think that 2 bowls is alot for a new smoker.

As for the throwing up y friend, who has got iron lungs or something (can smoke cigarettes without ever taking in oxygen in between puffs), sometimes throws up after just one toke. Could be inhalation technique, like you are managing to swallow the smoke.

8. Thanks for all the replies.
    How long does it usually take to be used to being high, and be able to control yourself? I've only smoked 4 times, and if I'm like this too much longer then I might just not do it again. It's a great feeling for me and everything, but I get cottonmouth so bad it sucks. Paranoia is easily solved because all I gotta do is hang out with my friends when I do it.. but another thing that happens when I'm high is my breathing is fucked up. I can't even really describe it, it just feels like I'm breathing really hard, but I'm not. I really wish I could describe it better but I can't.

9. I know this might be a crazy idea but why not smoke weed. Sounds like alcohol in moderation would be a better form of substance abuse for you. If you dont like it then dont do it. Im blitzed though so take my reccommendation with a grain of salt.

10. Lol I actually can't stand alochol. I just hate the taste. Being drunk is great and it's really fun, but getting there is a bitch for me unless I'm taking shots then chasing it.

I've been under a lot of stress lately so I decided to try it with one of my friends that's been trying to get me high for a long time. And after that like everything feels better. I'm not sad and shit all the time and stuff. I was sad for a while because I just broke up with my girlfriend that I was dating for 2 years. But smoking kinda made my feelings of sadness go away.

11. Is there anything medically wrong with you? asma, slight cold? If theres absolutely nothing wrong with you and you want to continue smoking I suggest you start over, have 1 bowl and see what happens, work your way up and build a nice healthy tollerence that your body won't have a problem with.

12. Nah, as far as I know there's nothing wrong with me.
    I think part of my problem last night was that I smoked another bowl too soon. I was gonna wait, but I didn't feel anything at all after the first one. Then after the second one I felt it more, and it started slowly creeping up on me. I probably smoke too much for a new smoker.

13. It doesn't really sound like you smoked too much to me..
    When I first started, each time i'd do 2-3 bowls of reg, so 2 bowls of mids for you on your 4th time seems like a normal amount..One of my friends smoked about 2 bowls of reg, and his problem was that he ate a bowl of soup REALLY fast..then he threw up :/.
    My first time smoking anything BUT reg, I had 2 1/2 fat bowls of bubble gum kush..
    I went home and threw up a couple times.
    So idk about you really man, just smoke a little less, a little slower and don't do it alone.
    Hope this helps at all.
    :smoking: