I have this problem with drinking at shows/clubs...

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by teeheeterror, May 24, 2016.

1. #1 teeheeterror, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
    I'm 23 and I can't handle alcohol like I used to. I know, I know, I'm probably still too much of an infant to complain about tolerance, but it's true.
    Back in college when most of my consumption took place at house parties, I took shots without hesitation and I would be completely fine throughout the night, and wake up fine for the most part.

I've been doing it less since graduating since most of my opportunities pop up during shows/events/clubs now. It's pricier so I usually get a few drinks outside before buying myself 1 or 2 at the venue if I feel up for it.

But I seem to have this problem now that I never had before: If I have around 3-4 relatively early in the night(a good buzz) at the club I frequent, I always get this lightheaded feeling along with a bit of hotness. It gets hard for me breathe and slightly difficult to talk. If I decide to get fairly drunk, let's say 2-3 more drinks, the feeling goes away and I'm at the point where my mind can completely ignore whatever physical discomfort I'm feeling. It's like I can't enjoy the night unless I'm properly drunk, or I can remain relatively sober but be pretty bored, there's nothing in between which upsets me(I don't want to be full on drunk ALL the time). Anyone else have this problem and know how to remedy it?

I had a bad experience with edibles last time and haven't gotten high or felt the need to get high since then. I love rolling but don't have a plug I can consistently get it from(I can find a way to get it if I wanted it badly). I also like to limit my intake w/ pills to be on the safe side and w/ interviews lately I'm paranoid of potential drug tests, or else that would always be my go to option. What I find nice is that it has all the benefits of alcohol and more with little of the side/post-effects which is nice, just not as good of a "long-term" option.

TLDR: Getting buzzed at clubs make me feel sick, but getting drunk makes me feel "ok". I don't want to overspend or get too hammered sometimes so I want to find a way to "fix" it without having to resort to other substances.

edit: It COULD very well be a problem with that particular venue/room. My friends don't have a problem dancing while relatively buzzed there. I was dancing up on a girl for almost 2 hours and I literally had to talk break to go upstairs, get some water, and cool off for 5 minutes before going back in...it made me that sick.