i have some questons about growing indoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jayhaze420, Mar 27, 2009.

1. #1 jayhaze420, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2009
    hey this is my first time here and my first time growing in doors and im trying to do it as cheap as possible i know i wont get the best buds ever but i just want to grow my own plant and smoke the buds that i grow i am using 2 15v florescent lights not the best i am keeping them on 24/7 and where im keeping it is always 80 to 90 degrees is that to hot? and there is no humidity i water them 3 times a day is that enuff for how hot of a place they are in and whats a good plant food to give them. thanks hope someone can help me out :smoking:

2. that light prob. isn't enough. the temp is high so you should try to think of some way to circulate the air in there to cool it down. also watch out for over watering. stick your finger in about an inch or so (that's what she said:D) then if it's dry water it. over watering can lead to the roots rotting if there isn't enough drainage.

3. also what's the wattage of your lights?

4. there 15w and its running off of 120 i was thinking about putting a few computer fans in there so move the air around and the plants looking really nice so im hopping the 2 lights and the wight walls will be good enuff i would send pics of it but this is kinda sketchy if you know what i mean

5. here are a few pics of my plant i wanted to see if anyone could give me a few ideas and maybe let me know if its a female plant and if how im growing it is good enuff to get it to bud thanks

Attached Files:

6. you sure are watering a lot. one water when u stick your finger down in the dirt an inch and its dry. overwater kills plants. Temps pretty high too bro. good luck!!:smoking:

7. also you won't know the sex till you start flowering and you will eventually need to transplant into bigger pots. 1 plant per pot. you need to go read the stickies and use the search

8. ya i stopped water 3 times aday that was way to much i just put it in a bigger pot today i only want it to be about 3 or 3 1/2 feet tall will it keep growing or will it stop once it gets close to the lights? and how big of a pot should i go with when its ready to be switched again? and i put a few computer fans in there with it so its moving the air around nice and the heats around 80 or 90 now probley still alittle to hot?:cool:

9. You need to cut a hole in your box/closet in order to let the hot air escape while ventiliing fresh air coming in keeping things cool. Yea dont water 2 much, a good indication if you need to water is to watch the leaves of your plant, if they are straight or up you dont need to water, if the plant is wilting then water and stick your finger into the soil about 1 inch to check if its wet or dry. You will defintely need more light and another container for that small seedling or you will be left with 1 and about a 50/50 chance between male and female. This is an expensive hobby so you better start reading up.

10. I water every other day and some every two days. Depending on gallon size and level you can get away with it. Ventilation is a key factor also as my dude said. Read up on the guides here and you will be fine. Keep it simple and cheap, you be fine.

11. ok thanks man i kinda dont want to cut a hole in it because of the smell i still live at home and it might be a problem if people come home and all they smell is pot but if its a have to do thing i will do it i was thinking it might be fine because of how big the area is where i have it and ill take the small plant out asap and what lights would you say to get im looking for the cheapest and to get the least amount of heat off of them i have the 15w florecent now should i get like 25 or 30 watts? or bigger ? and again thanks for the help

12. Go to home depot and look in the back near lighting and clamps and there are light fixtures there. Pick one up it comes with a clamp. They damn near always have CFL lights on sale. Go hard man get a 30w if you can. As much light the better the finish. CFL are cheap and put out hardly any noticeable heat. Keep a small 7$ fan in your box for air flow. When you start flowering the smell to me kinda drops off. At night though during dark period yeah you will smell it. Back to the topic though higher wattage the less you will need to worry. They have a 65w there i think for less than 20 bucks. So check it out get inspired and update us.

:rolleyes:APZ

13. here is my set up right now are the lights the ones you were talking about because they have clamps and im going to go to home depo today and see if they have the lights and im going to put a hole in the box to vent clean air in and i feel like if i get one bigger fan its going to hurt the plant because of the wind blowing it around so im going to get one or 2 more computer fans and put them in different spots so get good air flow the box has alot of room to let the plant grow probley over 3 1/2 feet so i was thinking about getting 3 ft florecent lights on the sides and maybe back do you think thats a good idea or just stick with the type of lights i have now just move up to the 30watts:cool: thanks

Attached Files:

14. hey what should i start to feed my plant its starting to get big and i feel like it needs more then just water hope someone can help me out thanks :smoking: