I have some questions about Methadone.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by bon idee, Jan 29, 2009.

1. I got a call from a friend who told me he has Methadone for like $5 a pill. I don't know what the Mg dosage is, but I was wondering..

Hypothetically, if I only get buzzed from 120mg of Oxycodone (I get a little higher if I throw up before I take it, weird I know) how much Methadone does that translate to?

I'm not looking to get high off of it, just ease the shitty feeling I'm getting while I try to detox. I'm also hoping it's cheaper than Oxy for the time being, because until next Friday, I'm pretty close to broke.

2. If your throwing up before taking it and taking 120 to get buzzed. I'd say that time of the year when you stop is overdue. my 2 cents.. u dont need 2 take it.

eDIT; my bad detoxin'

3. LOL at that part. :(

You should be good around 30 mg of methadone if you were taking 120 mg of OC.

Edit: and even though this girl has issues, lets be a nice community and answer her question without giving her a life lesson.

4. :[

I don't have issues.

I just get more buzzed on an empty stomach, and if I ate that day, and unexpectedly get ahold of some, then I throw up. Therefore, empty stomach.

And I am trying to quit, I realize that my tolerance is really, really high, which I why I'm turning to methadone.

5. He just called me and told me that he has 10mg pills. I guess $5 is pretty damn reasonable considering 30mg will work for me, and I pay almost $50 for the same dosage of Oxy.

6. They are cheaper compared to oxy and last a lot longer.

7. instant message me, my sn is minmin2434, ill answer every question you have so u dont have to post a thousand threads about different opiates

8. I don't believe you take 120 mg of oxycodone to get buzzed :|

You say you don't take it that often, but that is a shit load of oxy.

9. Everyone that has ever read one of my posts about this kind of thing has said exactly what you said,
    but I swear to God it's true.

10. Tolerance to opiates builds fast due to personal experience so I say you should just detox, no matter how painful/sucky it is going to be.

That's the best option in my opinion because that is alot of oxy to be taking and it does more harm than good in doses like that.

If not methadone isn't a great alternative, but you should give it a try.

11. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT use methadone as a way ween off oxycodone, if you are truly addicted, seek professional help, which means pick up a phone, not posting on a weed forum. Methadone is a very tricky drug, it needs to be monitored, it is a shit load more addictive then oxycodone. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to take methadone to replace oxy cravings, its kind of like getting hooked on coke to get off cigarettes, which is really not a plausible option. Honestly if you can't drop the oxy, like previously stated seek some help...

12. well, since you're so smart then why arent you on VH1 with Dr. Drew making everyone sober?

I direct that at more than one person.
    I didn't ask whether or not I should go to rehab.
    I AM DETOXNG, I'm just asking questions. I never said I was going to buy it, I never said I was gong to take it. I'm researching, but if that's no okay with you, then maybe I sxhould stop, right?

Considering most people I know are strung out on these within two months, and I've been doing them for well over 4 or 5 and I'm just getting to the point where I take them twice a week, I'd say I can handle myself just fine, thank you.

13. i feel bad for you. whenever you make these threads you never get a straight answer... :(

14. Though you will save money, being addicted to methadone is way worse than OC. I know you don't want to hear it but you need to step back and look at what you are doing.

15. You really don't need to detox if you do them twice a week. What kind of WD do you get from doing them twice a week? Just stop doing it for awhile if you want your tolerence to go back down.

16. #16 GouGe AwAy 04, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
    substituting with methadone isnt the best idea..the withdrawal from those is worst than heroin by far. use them sparingly if your trying to detox you dont wanna get hooked on methadone..

20mg should ease any withdrawal..40mg would prob have you a little high

17. whatever you do, don't snort methadone. it burns like no other, and burns for a very long time. feels almost like a hot poker going into your sinus.

18. sniffing methadone doesnt work..if you do anything just chew the pills.

19. :rolleyes:

20. Under the tongue.

Love that Kid Kip song, "Problems to Solve".