I have some Indoor Questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by FarmerGreen0420, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Greetings Fellow Farmers...:wave: I am kinda new here but have used this site extensively in the past for tons of valuable information. :D I have been an outdoor grower for over 40 years. I decided to try my hand at indoor last winter and did a fair job. I did learn that indoor and outdoor are vastly different in many aspects.:eek: So now I have re-vamped my room and am trying to do it RIGHT this time. I will give the basics and maybe someone will be kind enough to tell me what and how to do with what I have or something else I may need. :hello: Or need to change.:eek: I have an 8x8x7 bedroom. I have lined the walls with tin foil...I know some are going to balk at that and say it will burn your plants blah blah blah..BUT I read pros and cons of tin foil on this very site and many ppl use it with no harm. That said I will take my chances with it since it is already in place. I have a 1000 MH with swichable ballast to HPS. It has an 8" duct that I have through the floor sucking cold air in ( I have a screen over the end) and another 8" duct sucking the hot air out and it is exausted outdoors. I have a 6" INTAKE fan that can suck cold air from outside INTO the room. I also have an EXAUST fan that will exhaust the air OUT of the room. But on that note I am also using CO2 and I don't think I am suppossed to exhaust the air OUT right??? :confused::confused: I also have 4' flouresent lights hanging and on the walls as well. :) So that covers the setup....Now for something that is new and stressing me out...my SOIL MIX....:eek::eek::eek: I have read on so many soil mixes on here that I cannot make heads or tails of most of it with all the abbrviations and stuff...I just now figured out what EWC means:eek::eek: So here goes with what I am working with...I already HAD a lot of what everyone seems to agree is a no no...MG with micromax...:confused: So I mixed that with black cow store bought cow manure and some organic humus and added osmocote, bone meal and pellitized limestone. I added lava rock and some small round clay balls that I had. I let that cook for a few weeks. Now that I have read more about soil mixes...I have got some MG Organic Potting mix and black cow and I got a bag of earthworm castings.:eek:$$$:eek: SO my plan is to re-mix all of it together by adding the organic potting mix and black cow. I also have ordered neem seed cake..5 lbs. I have some kelp meal for animals...it says no more than 6% salt on there..:eek: Is it the same kelp meal and safe to use on the plants? :confused::confused: I am mixing this soil in a kiddie pool. I have 5 gal gro-bags that will sit in plastic trays. I plan to have around 15-20 bags. And should I put the lava rock at the bottom of the bag or mix it all in with the soil??:confused: I have already mixed the smaller lava rocks and lava dust in the soil. I have larger ones. So I plan to mix in the kelp meal and more bone meal and after I fill the bags put a handful of the earthworm castings in the bottom of the hole and mix it in some just before transplanting??:confused::confused: And what exactly do I do with the neem cake when I get it?? :eek::confused::eek::confused: And could someone explain "top dressing" and "TEAS" to me in a plain simple language that I can do or make easily? I am old school outdoor and the indoor is new to me so I apoligize for my ignorance even after reading a thousand of the posts on here. :eek::eek: I guess my basic question is how do I put all this together to make it work right? :confused: I also bought some Neptunes Harvest Organic fish and seaweed fertilizer 2-3-1. I burned a lot of my plants up last year by feeding them like I would plants outdoors...:(:( I don't want to make that mistake again:mad: I gave them WAY to much chemical stuff like 10-10-10 and peters plant food 20-20-20. So I am trying to be more organic and safer this go around. Any help with this would be greatly appriciated as I am running out of time to transplant into bags. Thanks in advance for any help with this..:hello: I have some ferts that were used in hydrophonics...I don't know if they can be used in soil or not?? I have the FloraGro, Floramicro and florabloom from general hydroponics and a bottle of nitrozime concentrated 100% organic marine algae extract. I also have some of the sensi-gro ferts for hydroponics. How should I use any of this stuff?? :confused: Once again...sorry for my ignorance about indoor soil and ferts....but its all different from outdoor growing. Thanks again...FG:cool:

2. With CO2 you will want a sealed system.

I'm pretty sure they'd be able to help you more in the organic growing forum. I personally got lost through the whole organic part of your post, not a ton of people do organics. Most of us just take the easy route and buy nutrients and Ocean Forest.

3. Thank You for you quick reply. I am guessing that it is not a good idea to mix the two? Do you either go all organic or can you just use an organic soil mix and then use ferts to feed?? I guess thats part of what is confusing to me...I want a good soil mix...and I want to feed them correctly for maximum growth and yield. Watering is not a problem as I have a water hose in the room. How do I combine what I have to make it all work properly is mainly what I need to know. Thank You Again.