Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I have so many questions ?! (:

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by itsalexa, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Okayyyyy, well i started smoking in febuary , and i didnt
    really bother to ask about like anything. My attitude was
    pretty much, i dont care i just wanna smoke . I'm not
    really a "pot head" just smoke like twice a week :D

Anyways my questions ;

One my friend the other day was asking me about the levels of high, because she drinks so she was like you know how when you drink its like , buzzed, tipsy, drunk, shit faced, wasted etc. what would that be for smoking . ya know faded, high, baked, stoned, etccccc. :)

Another is i don't really get the whole strains thing. Because i had one friend tell me that sativa was a straineed but it wasnt a weed like high , more like shrooms. But i had another tell me that sativa was just one of the two main strains of weed the other being indica. && that most are a cross because of cross pollination . But you dont trip at all like shrooms && that the person who told me is prob perma trip.

Okay i guess last for now is all the different types of things you can
    use, i've smoked a bowl , gb, bong, blunt, joint, and bubbler. But why
    are there so many different types, are any pariticularlly better at getting
    you high? Also a vaporizor, i heard that was like soo different, but why ?
    what are chillums, steamrollers, dugouts, and fruit? Hahah .

Lastly i was told not to smoke outta a hookah because you'll get baked
    and not want to smoke for like 3 days, true or not ?

Thank you so much if you bother to replyyy , - alexa :)

2. 1. The stages of getting high arent as defined as they are for drinking, but generally you first get buzzed, then high, then fuckin baked.

2. The two main strains of weed are Indica and Sativa. Indica is more of a body high and will make you feel drowsy and maybe fall asleep. Sativas give you a more energetic head high.

3. Each different method of smoking can be a completely different experience. Kickin back with a blunt is way different than ripping a bong. Its hard to explain if you havent experienced these different methods. Bongs are most effective at getting you high. Vaporizers heat up the weed rather than setting it on fire to release vapors that contain THC and much much better for your health than conventional methods. You can find out what chillums, steamrollers, and dugouts are by doing a google search. And im sure whoever mentioned fruit was probably referring to smoking out of an apple.

4. Smoking weed out of a hookah is a waste. You will get high but it burns the weed at an unnecesary rate.

3. One of your friends is talking about Salvia divinorum. (Salvia divinorum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Which it a type of Sage plant. Not Cannabis.
    And your friend is right, it is more like shroom casue it is an intense trip.

But i had another tell me that sativa was just one of the two main strains of weed the other being indica. && that most are a cross because of cross pollination . This is true.

hookahs are great for large rips. But i would but my bong downstem down the hole compared to the hookah bowl.

4. Faded is when your drunk and high. Someone already mentioned it, but it's pretty much "Buzz, high, stoned"

There might be one above stoned similar to "wasted" where you simply cannot function because of how much weed you've smoked.

5. I can really only answer a few of these questions..haha. Anywho.

1. Like Black said the stages really aren't that defined. For me it's always buzzed(feeling the effects a bit, a chill kind of high), stoned(feeling the effects, the high most people get when you hear stories of "Oh I said this and it was funny!" Go read the "Stoner Quotes" thread and you'll understand.), and fucked up(where you've smoked so much you can't even pack another bowl. At this point I don't even want to talk)

2. Not much I can continue from what Black said.

3.Those are really just all forms of pipes. Different styles if you will. As far as I know (I stick to a bowl/bong/J) they are just for different cultures and don't really change the quality of the bud.

4. Haha and again what Black said. It's a waste of weed. But to what you said, no that's not true, you'll get high(although while wasting too much weed) but you'd get much more fucked from a bong.

Hope this helped some!

6. Indica and Sativa are the two different species of cannibis. Strains are variations of one of the two species, or a hybrid. There are hundreds of strains, but most of the time, names are meaningless. The only way to know for sure what the strain is is to grow it yourself or ask the grower.

There are many different types of smoking devices because it's fun to make new things and try new things. Oveer the years, potheads have devised some pretty cool ways to get high. Bongs are not the most efficient way of getting high, they just get you high quickly because you inhale so much smoke. Vapes are the most efficient and healthiest way. However, that does not make vapes the "best." It's all about personal preference. My advice? Try every method of smoking that makes itself available.

I'm not experienced with hookahs, but I've heard to only use tobacco with them because weed tar clogs them easily and theey're hard to clean

7. Evuntually if you keep gong twice a week in about 6 -12 month you will know everything and wont sound like a noob, Just keep asking questions, Ive had friends who have been smoking for years ask me questions.
    Dont wory about sounding stupid ask questions and learn.

8. #8 sikander, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2009
    There isn't really a similar scale in my experience. There's "high" which is just if you can feel any effects at all, there's "buzzed" for a fairly moderate high and then all the various different ways to say "really high" like baked, blazed, stoned, etc. There's also different parts to the high, like you can have a "head high" which is where you're spacey and really stupid- it's affecting how you think. Or you can have a "body high" where the main effects are in how you perceive things.

I think your friend is thinking of salvia, which is a different plant entirely.

There are two major varieties of weed, sativa and indica, of which there are many sub-strains and hybrids etc.

Diff'rent strokes fer diff'rent folks!

Also, there are different circumstances that might merit different smoking equipment. If I'm out and about I don't want to haul a 3-foot bong with me but I might not want to forego water filtration entirely... so I grab my bub. Or I'm in a sketch neighborhood and I don't want any paraphernalia charges, I want something I can ditch easily, which is where joints shine.

If I'm just chilling on the couch there's no reason not to break out the full-blown bong, though!

A chillum is a smoking device originally invented in India. It's basically a straight tube. You load the whatever in the bowl on the end and put the other end in your fist so your fist makes a chamber. You inhale through your fist. It's weird.

9. Different levels of high are basically what ever you want to call them. You can have fun with it, there are no 'set' levels of highness.

Sativa is a heady high that is more energizing.

Indica is more of a body high that can make you somewhat sleepy.

Weed doesn't make you trip. Once you try a drug with hallucinogenic properties you will realise this and probably want to correct people on the fact.... (like your friend)

There are so many different methods why? Because we can! :smoking:

One is not neccessarily better than the other. We have cars, planes, trains, ships, etc... all for their own reason and all for the same purpose.

You will find your own preference over time, it will most likely change over time too. (as did mine)

A vaporizer doesn't burn weed - it heats it up enough to release LOTS of thc and the taste will be better and more clear than ever before. Vaporizers are the healthy choice because they produce zero smoke - all of the good stuff and none of the bad stuff...

Also.. Don't smoke weed out of a hookah. Only smoke weed out of a hookah if you have a hookah that you would not be afraid of clogging. To smoke weed out of a hookah you simply grind up the weed and then place it in the shisha, make sure that it is well mixed-in and distributed evenly (not all clumped together). Hookahs are great, but they are not meant for weed (although weed can be smoked out of them), they are meant for shisha (hookah tobacco) - too many people have bad impressions of hookahs because they think they are intended for smoking marijuana, which is not true. Also, if someone told you that you wouldn't want to smoke for three days afterwards then that statement is purely an opinion - so take it at that..... How did they come up with a three day period? Well, probably from experience... their experience. Decide for yourself.

Oh, and also..... Don't over use marijuana. I don't mean that you can OD, or that it will ruin your physical health - Just don't become dependent on it, don't rely on it. Let it enhance you life and your experiences, but don't let sobriety hinder your happiness and don't let marijuana control your well being.... ( you'll thank me later for that )

:smoking: Hope that helped.....