I have roommates..can I give it a shot?

Discussion in 'Security' started by Babagoose, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Hey guys.. absolute beginner here. I am hoping to grow two cannabis plants when I move into an apartment this fall. I'm not asking if the plants stink, I'm not an idiot LOL. My question is, if I contain the setup to my bedroom closet and take precautions (I'd appreciate recommendations here too) will the stench be contained to just my bedroom? Or will the entire house be skunked.....I don't want to be inconsiderate to my roommates. They smoke weed but it's still not cool.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I've done it and the smell was only strong for about 3 weeks and only in my room. It was just a personal size plant, about 20g (dry) harvest. No box, just in my closet with a light.

Alright, I know this is an enthusiast/activist forum, but I'd be more concerned about legal repercussions. It's common for maintenance to come in or "damage inspections" to occur. If you can find a way to do it stealthily and scentless, go ahead. Or at least play it safe for a couple months and see if your apartment does inspections. You can get into some very serious legal trouble for it in my state, not to mention probably getting evicted from your apartment, and a possible felony if you can't plea it down to a misdemeanor (I'm assuming your college aged).

If you're in a legal state, by all means, go ahead, but my room reeked even just with a single plant. Just be careful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

3. I'm guessing it'll stink the house out lol why would your roommates care if they also smoke...

4. My opinions if you really decide to do this.
    • Tent that seals up
    • Carbon filter + Fan
    • Lock on door
    • Don't open more than you have to in flowering
    • Don't tell anyone(can't stress enough)
    • Don't draw attention when watering
    I'd suggest buying those 3L bottles of water for $1.00, or get a small aquarium so it seems you are changing the water. It's hard to conceal moving water back and fourth from those that live with you. Even being cautious isn't cautious enough.

J Evergreen

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I agree.

If you do decide to do this, take every precaution you can. I was 19, stupid, and careless when I did it, and like I said, that was just a small plant. Just a few years of maturing made me realize how risky that was. Most people that grow on here do it in legal states or in their own homes. Renting and apartments is not very secure, knowing that the landlord can walk into your room at any minute.. with or without you being there. Like I said, if you're legal state, that makes it much easier. You didn't mention where you reside, but the majority of states are illegal so that's what I assume.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Once you contain the smell with a carbon filter your next task will be to eliminate the noise and vibration of the fans.

7. Thanks a lot.. I live in Colorado but I am not of legal age.. I will take your advice and get the lay of the land before I make a decision. Thanks again and take care.

• Like Like x 1
  8. No problem man, good luck.