Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I have Rhumitoid Arthritis

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Tayanissa, Oct 1, 2010.

1. I am from Michigan and the medical weed law states i have to have Chronic Pain. RA is a Auto Immune disorder where i have Chronic pain and fatigue do you think i would qualify for medical weed?

2. There's a very, very good chance you qualify. RA is horrible, and the pain is near unstoppable, and most doctors should be well aware of that. If your doctor balks, ask them what would be worse in the long run: taking a steadily increasing number of opiates for two years to control pain; or, two years of smoking weed?

I like to use the two-year number as it's a lot easier for doctors to get their heads around. The opiates (and most systemic RA medications like Humira, Remicade, etc.) can lead to some pretty serious organ damage and dangerous levels of dependency that can effect things like blood pressure, concentration, psychological states, and any number of other things. Weed, though less effective, is considerably safer.

Good luck.

3. When you get the recommendation consider other delivery methods. When i got my rec the Dr told me to use edibles or a vaporizer. He said smoking cannabis causes some of the same problems as smoking tobacco. I've found that edibles/pills work best for my degenerative joint (no not that kind :) ) disease pain.

4. ^^^^^ what that says!!

Get a vaporizer. They are well worth it.:D

5. There are several articles and studies that you may find interesting in the "Arthritis" section of my "Granny's List" - just click the first link in my sig to access them. Your doctors may find them educational, too. ;)

I totally agree about vaporizers (see the "Methods of Use - Vaporizers" section in my list). They make a BIG difference in lung health. also they use less cannabis and the leftovers from vaping can be re-used in baking. FYI- my hubby gets much better (neuropathic) pain relief from edibles. Vaporizers also smell less than smoking. My little "Vapor Brother's" is small, quiet and has stood up to several years of heavy use.

The section of making your own topical balms / rubs should also interest you - see "Methods of Use - Topicals". Making your own is easy! In fact, the very first mention of any sort of "medical" use that I found, was about how the elderly ladies in Mexico would make a simple tequila and cannabis rub for their arthritic hands!

Hope that helps.

Granny :wave: