I have Mushrooms growing in the same pot as my Plant?!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JTBl0int, Sep 14, 2011.

1. My plant is about 5 and a half weeks old and about 3 days into flowering and a couple days ago ive noticed mushrooms growing right next to my plant in the same soil. Should i be concerned about this or can i just let them be..?

My grandma gave me the soil from her garden so i dont really know what was in it but the plant seems to be healthy so im just going with it. Just wanted to get some thoughts if this would be an issue down the line.

Attached Files:

2. hmm... eat it. no im jk i think this means your soil has been to moist. id take it out, its a fungis so that cant be good for a palnt

3. get something to kill that thing! You cant just rip out mushrooms, the web from which they originate is left in the soil and theyll just grow back.

4. Dig it out. And get a bigger light!

5. I think you're over watering if you're getting mushrooms. A lot of soil companies use mushroom compost in their soil, so that's where it most likely came from, but over watering makes them grow in my experience.

6. hmm... well when i transplanted from a solo cup the soil was moist but not wet and it ended up staying moist for like 2 weeks i havent had to water it and only now the top soil is starting to be dry but when i dig my finger down about an inch it still seems moist.. so i havent really been watering the plant that much.. just misting the leaves a little bit

7. That cant be good for the plant. And more lights will help evaporate the excess water in ur soil. Seems like u have drainage problems if it stays moist for so long. Sand will help drain the soil.

8. Kill those mother fuckers.

9. #10 JTBl0int, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2011
    K thnanks...i think it could be a drainage issue..but the plant hasnt been showing any negative signs..atleast not yet...I will be planning on adding more light.. and about the sand.. how should i go about applying it? just dig a little and spread it around?

10. i really dont think the mushrooms are a big deal,,,, probably means you have some good soil to be honest... just pluck em and move on. It doesnt mean that your soil is too wet. Im not saying that your soil isnt to wet ( it looks fine in pictures) , but that mushrooms arent an indicator of your soil being too wet... lol make sense? Your plant will tell you if it likes them or not.

11. On your next transplant before you pull the plant out fill the container half way with soil then mix like a handfull of sand, maybe 2 handfulls. Mix alittle extra to fill in the sides. Then just go ahead make the change. Oh and try and tap away gently some of the compacted soil off the roots. Give them alittle room. Good luck. Hope all goes well

12. That kind of looks like a young liberty cap, i cant tell for definate from the picture and the age of it adds to my uncertainty, but if it was me id let it grow and harvest them with your bud :p

13. It startles me to see so many experienced members starkly opposed to mushrooms in the same container as your plant. Does the word "mycorrhizae" not mean anything to you?

Mushrooms break down complex nutrients allowing easier absorption by the plant. In fact many plants rely on mushrooms for their survival (most forest trees). Theres a reason for mycorrhizae inoculants...

14. There was once this retard (we called her meg lol) of my lemon diesels that was in a pot on my first grow and i noticed mushrooms growing out the soil and just plucked em. they grew back and i saw it wasnt growing right (looks more like a young mint plant) so i pulled it and when i did i saw mushrooms growing from the roots and shit (gross), hasnt happened since as i believe it was mostly due to something i did or didnt do in my inexperience. I wouldnt say that you have the same problem obviously since yours in nice and tall with a seemingly nice flower to leaf ratio. keep it or dont just keep an eye on further fungus issues like botrytis or fusareum

15. You could put a layer of small rock very small.. I did this to het rid of gnats