I have monster crop clones, what now?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JXAllen, Mar 24, 2019.

1. So, as the title said, I have two monster crop clones of the Zookies I just flowered out. It took a while, but they've finally begun to branch out. My question is..... now what? Lol.... I'm not sure what to do with them now. They look like an awful mess, how do you trim/shape them? And when is it safe to start? 20190323_220801.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Let them continue to recover. I see what looks like new growth, give your plant some time to veg out before stressing it any more. How old are they? If they’re still under 2 weeks I’d leave them be. Let it get it’s roots beneath it. IMO

3. I took these clones in December. They rooted within two weeks, I transplanted them from solo cups about a month ago. They've re-vegged from flower and are finally starting to branch out. That's all new growth :)

4. I may have stunted them by keeping them in the solo cups for so long. They weren't root bound but they had a nest of roots coming out of the bottom. 20190108_073629.jpg 20190207_170609.jpg 20190215_135655.jpg 20190223_171907.jpg 20190301_165739.jpg 20190312_223106.jpg 20190313_082029.jpg 20190315_061100.jpg 20190321_055911.jpg 20190318_190719.jpg 20190321_055924.jpg 20190321_055915.jpg

5. Man, the odd leaf patterns threw me off huh lol I assumed you too large cuttings because the foliage is wild!... that being said, I do know monster cropping does cause a lot of sporadic limb growth. And since it’s really rooted I would begin LST. I’d be afraid to defoliate tho. Have you ever taken clones before flower? If so, how’s this compare so far. I understand it’s a longer process and the reward is in the yield. But so far lol

6. 3 week old clones, have amazing root growth in the coco, only moderate in the rock wool. The coco clone is ready to veg into a mother or a tree. Second picture is the day they were cut. The rest went into the flower tent tonight, I can get pictures of those tomorrow.

Compared to regular cloning, monster cropping is taking ages! I don't know if I messed up somewhere, but the revegging process is taking a very long time. They rooted in just a couple weeks, just like regular clones. 20190323_220416.jpg 20190301_163742.jpg

7. Should I re-post this in advanced growing techniques?

8. I am finishing up a grow from a monster crop. I had similar odd leaf numbers usually 3 leafs the whole way. I didn’t top and didn’t grow too big. 11 clones in 1 gallon pots and they all flowered amazing. Nugs everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. That’s is one of the drawbacks of monster cropping. It takes longer to revert back to veg. Thats the.... issue with MC. Some feel the longer veg time for a mc clone clone negates the big yields. It’s debated that when comparing the time and cost to cultivate two, you’d do just as well taking clones during late veg. Me, I feel monster cropping should only be done when you have plenty of other weed and plants to fiddle with in the meantime.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nice! So you just re-vegged and then re-flipped? No trimming or shaping? Do you have any pictures of what she looked like before you flipped her? Everything I read about monster cropping skips from "you re-veg" to "and then she grows into a monster." OK! sounds great!......but what am I looking for in between! lol.

11. I have plenty of smoke and plenty of plants. That's partly why I need to figure out what to do with these, right now they're just taking up space and eating food.

12. I get it dude, that’s part of the cost to cultivate. Steady feeding over a longer period of time increases that. But you’re in it to win it. Keep riding it out to completion and compare it to normal clones and we can come to you to borrow from your experience!!!

13. Gotta either ride it out or give em 6 weeks n a new pot flip to flower. Ya can never have to much weed man I’ve got a years supply and I’m still growin more.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I hear that! Not saying I have too much, just not worried about where my next is coming from :)

I just went back over my timeline, they were cloned 1/8, they had roots peaking out of the bottom of the solo cup 1/26, they were transplanted into 1gal air-pots on 3/1.
    Are they looking like they're supposed to? I'm more than willing to put in the time, I just don't know what I'm looking at right now, how far along they are, how much further do they need to go? What am I looking for?

15. I did some lst and super cropping during the stretch mainly and lolilopping. IMG_0743.JPG IMG_0754.JPG IMG_0778.JPG IMG_0780.JPG IMG_0885.JPG IMG_1050.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yes I will probably not monster crop on purpose again but worth it to finish the run. It wasn’t really on purpose that time either just wasn’t ready to take clones. They did fine but nothing much different than a regular clone for it to be worth the extra time to recoup

17. I agree, while this was a neat experiment, they're just taking way too long to re-veg. I'm going to go ahead and keep these going, but I won't be doing it again. I'll stick with regular cloning too.
    I can see new serrated leaves starting to grow now and the branches are looking more manageable. Thanks again for those pictures from before flower. Now I know what I'm looking for.

Attached Files:

18. How big do you want them to be before flip to flower? If you want size go to bigger pot soon, I kept mine small since I had 11 and kept them in 1 gallons. But if I had less I would have gone bigger. How big is your space and how many plants?