I have forgotten how to talk.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by 6raygp, May 9, 2013.

1. Talking about gardening and like information stuff like, THE WALL IS RED! I have no problem with stuff like that but small talk.... im just useless at. When there's nothing to talk about I just start stating random facts I have read(mostly garden crap no one cares about) to fill the silence. Ive started getting social anxiety bad because I just dont know what to say anymore, I dont want TV or movies and I have basicly no friends in this town anymore(all moved away).

What the hell do all you "normal people" out there talk about?

Have I mentioned i'm quite fluent in Dab? :cool:
    :smoke::smoke::smoke:

2. Current events. Our lives. Sports. Politics. The world. Dreams. Fears. Movies. Jokes. Past events. TV. Music. Games. The future. People. Celebrities.

3. lmao stop smokin pot.. your in your mind too much.

4. find people to talk about gardening or red walls with :smoke:

5. #5 A AnoesisOrange, May 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2013
    Silence is not a bad thing. The idea that we need to fill the void of silence is a delusion. No need to worry about having nothing to say, it doesn't help anything.

6. talk about weed. that's what i do

"so you guys smoke weed?"

"i need to get out of here and hit the bong"

7. Im not a good talker either. my small talk fucking sucks. subbed hoping to find good pointers

8. Anything.

"Oh shit, can't read my poker face."

9. i think i have social anxiety

10. A good tip is to ask questions about what they're saying..it makes you seem interested, and you're kind of forcing them to talk a lot so you don't have to think of as much stuff to say.

I kinda do this a lot. Use sparingly though, you don't just wanna bombard every person you talk to with question after question.

But it works for me, and helps to break the silence when I can't think of small talk haha

11. [quote name='"A AnoesisOrange"']Silence is not a bad thing. The idea that we need to fill the void of silence is a delusion. No need to worry about having nothing to say, it doesn't help anything.[/quote]

Silence is golden
    "Less is More"

12. I like talking about weed, but it always leads to people asking "Can I bum a snap? Can I Bum A Dab?" and I can barely grow enough for me as it is.

I'm helping start a garden club/comunity garden in the town I reside, which helps... but im younger then everyone in the garden club by at least 15 years(24)... which kinda blows... but I always got together well with "older" folk.

Sounds like solid advice :] Thanks :wave:

13. It may also depend on who you're talking to.. Find people with common interests and having things to talk about gets 50000x easier

14. You know there are people who just like to listen in the world.

15. #15 Tastytrichomes, May 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
    very few, at least where i'm from. most people just want to talk about themselves

the best advice i can give you Susan is just to be yourself and not really care what you're talking about. personally i hate small talk. and when people say, "what's going on?" or "how are you?" they don't really give a fuck, they're just using the phrase mindlessly as a greeting

often times i'm not interested in talking to someone if they don't want to progress past simple small talk. if they do then i'll just talk about whatever is relevant. it has to be natural. if you pick apart verbal interaction piece by piece then it's just begging for awkward behavior to follow. in reality nothing you say, as awkward as it may be, really matters in the long run. only you put significance to it. the mind is a powerful tool, use it to your advantage and don't let emotions interupt

just like any embarrassing situation in high school, i'm sure that made you feel anxiety by thinking back on it, or maybe even caused anxiety about other things. but in reality, did it matter? the only person who really cared was you

16. #16 6raygp, May 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2013
    You put that so well. I definatly need to find people with more similiar interests but im fucking weird, My main hobbies are collecting worm poop and growing weed with it lol. But I have decided to take a DGAF attitude twords it, who cares if im a little different I think im pretty damn cool.

Did I mention I have horrible taste in music?

17. Talk about how you don't have anything to talk about

18. I get the weird thing a lot, from different people, but if someone told me they collected worm poop to grow weed, I would ask the so much questions. First of all how the hell do you collect poop from worms? lol do they make a lot of "waste"?

19. Try and relax everything should come naturally. I don't know what I'm going to talk about with people except for maybe one or two interesting things that might have happened to me that day. Other than that conversation should flow.

20. yeah be yourself and talk about whatever comes to your head, dont try and accomodate other people by talking nonsense small talk bullshit I dont like listening to that, find the things you are interested in and likeminded people will be interested aswell and you can have fun talking about gardening, instead of just going through the motions, and dont think you are stigmatised either or that you are some sort of anti social person you probally arent you just dont have the right people around you to share whats in your mind with.