I have bugs on my plants

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by blackey, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Today i noticed something is eating my plants. I didnt look to hard but when I did I seen about 4 of these really small bugs. They looked like really small worms/catapillers with their body shape, they were about 1 mm in length and moved realy fast. THe parts of the top of the leaves where they were eaten did not look yellow or anything, they were just nawed through there are small holes all over.

I did see a yellow lady bug on the plant, but I know that the yellow ones only eat fungi.

I have neem cake how much neem cake should i put in a gallon of water to spray the leaves to get rid of these fuckers?

2. i just searched neem cake as insecticide. what you want is neem oil. the cake is the residue of the oil extraction. most of what you need has been removed, if i read correctly.

3. sounds like catapillars, pick them fuckers off, if its an infestation, BT (bacillus thuringiensis) or some thing called spinosad is a product that i heard works on everything, get em under control now or youll end up with beautiful buds, full of molding crapapillar shit!

4. Not all the oil is pressed out of the neem cake there is still some left in the cake, just not as much will be in the cake but it should work.

I only seen 3 of those catapillar lookin bugs i flicked the rest off, but the leaves definitly look like their bein eaten by catapillars. I also seen little black flies on them,

5. i've got a few bugs chewing on mine still. used insectcidal soap spray this morning and dusted with diatamaceuos earth just to be certain. i'm also using aza-direct in the irrigation water to limit reproduction. weather has been cool so there are a lot more insects than usual here.

6. The weather is extreamily hot here, its gonna be in the 90's alll week.

I will still get good stuff from distilling the neem cake in water, not all of the oil comes out when they press the seeds. Spraying this tea on the leaves and the nodes should have an effect to get rid of any bugs.

I was told that if i bought neem cake I definitly should throw some in water, let it sit for two days and spray it on the nodes, dont know why really, it probably helps with growth of the plant and buds.

7. OK.... I think I might have told you that... probably no more than two days, even less time at those temperatures. I use cake spray works great you can make this out of the cake by just mixing with water and shaking it up for fifteen minutes, and then spray this on your plants right at dark time.

all parts of the leaaves and stens under over and everythere you spray the plant. It us important you don't let it ferment too long because the product will produce alcohol, which will kill your plants on contact.

8. antifungal, antiparasitic, antimicrobial and anti bacterial, antifeedant for insects and probably more benefits. eg. Neem plays some kind of role... in the plants manufacture of hormones known as SAR's,

9. I just noticed tiny little caterpillar looking things on my plant as well. I think I may have mites now as well. Fucking one thing I buy from a grow store brings in bugs.

A fucking grow tent. . . . . :mad:

I'm gonna try lavender flowers and neem oil and neem cake water.

10. I dont know about tent pillars.... id sure prefer an old barn over the jardin.. $250 much (that's a lot for me)

the neem cake water might not due much, I like to wait a few hours until it smells like a sewer line right after it's trenched out beneath the most exquisite of delicatessen european restaurants...

11. Neem meal steeped in water for a couple of days will absolutely help you. Drench the plant over, under - everywhere until it looks like a storm went thru your town. Repeat every 4-5 days until the cycle is broken.

Neem oil, Protekt (silica emulsifier) and Aloe (sufactant) is the best way. The Neem Oil, once eaten by the bugs on your leaves will keep them from feeding more. The ProTekt will emulsify/break down the oil so thatit mixes with your water. The aloe will help it spread out over your leaves and cover/stick to them.

per gallon -

1 tablespoon of neem oil in a small glass of room temp water
    1 teaspoon of Protekt added, then stir well
    1/4 cup of aloe juice
    shake vigorously until the mixture "foams" up.
    apply before lights/out or at sundown, as light degrades the neem properties.

jerry.

12. it could be a over kill if your plant has more than enough nutrient in the soil and you frequently water it with teas and foliar feeding, In this instance I would just go with clear dechlorinated water, until it pulls through. If it aint broke don't fix it.

that being said, soaking neem in water for short durations (until it begins smelling real good) would not have as much of a "nutrient profile" as it would contain compounds- the stuff that gives some of the benefits of neem I attempted to list above. making this kind of neem tea FPE whatever should substitute for neem oil like jerry mentions.

13. #13 blackey, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
    I never once watered with anything but straight distilled chlorine free water. These caterpillars or whatever they are, still are eating the leaves, I never gave my plants nutes yet, other than the nitrogen from the neem cake. Only two plants are being eaten, but I'm gonna spray em anyway, i dont like holes in my plans :(

But on the bright side, there are yellow fungi eating lady bugs, a couple of them feeding off the bad stuff on my plants. Is there anything I can do to attract lady bugs? I noticed that two plants of mine each have a egg sack on them, i do not see spiders or anything, im thinking these egg sacks are from the caterpillars? They are dark grey/black and have a little fuz on them.

14. sounds more like spider egg sacks, can't tell forsure without seeing them

15. Dude get jalpeno or habanero peppers and put them in a spray bottle finely sliced up, add a bit of water to it and a little bit of soap and let it sit for a while then just spray the leafs of your plants.

They will fuck off after that and it wont do harm to the plant

16. THE single most important thing when it comes to pest control is to ask them very politely to seek new accommodations. Manners go a long way. Yelling and swearing at them just doesn't work - I've tried it.

J

17. Cany anyone back this up? I'll give it a go, i got a whole jar of em!

18. [quote name='"blackey"']

Cany anyone back this up? I'll give it a go, i got a whole jar of em![/quote]

Mix equal parts water with puree of peppers. Soak for 24 hrs, strain, apply as foilar.

Add some Rosemary and lavender for some real action!!

Also brew a compost tea of some sort and foilar it as well once your problem has cleared up. This will help in prevention.

19. I'm going to try that, I am also going to put some things at my grow that attract ladybugs for more protection, I have one yellow ladybug thats hangin around my grow already, but I want more.

20. [quote name='"blackey"']I'm going to try that, I am also going to put some things at my grow that attract ladybugs for more protection, I have one yellow ladybug thats hangin around my grow already, but I want more.[/quote]

Invest in some flowers. Go to the Gardening section here at the city and look up companion planting.

The more diverse your flowers the more likely you are to attract the good guys.

And your neem cake I would sprinkle some on the top of your soil all around the plants.

Since its very hot in your area, that could be the cause if the sudden attack.