i have been thinking of trying this

Discussion in 'General' started by foolcoolguy, Nov 13, 2008.

1. reading a book...does anyone have any feedback on them?

2. dude. open one up, read it. reading is amazing. it'll open up so many worlds for you.

3. yeah well i read this one book and liked it but then the sequal sucked and i never read again

4. I like to read as well, try it man. If you want just a good story, try a Stephen King for weird stuff. If you like a daring world-saving action hero and his sidekick, try Clive Cussler. Or if you like maybe a badass CIA agent, try Vince Flynn and the Mitch Rapp series.

5. On The Road- Jack Karoak

6. idk i heard about this one book that was like america in the future but its devided into 3 parts

7. are you sure bro????i knew this dude who tried reading a book one night and i never saw him again... be careful bro...

8. Well the key is liking what you read and the reason why you are reading.

Do you want to learn about something or someone?

Do you want to escape reality into some fantasy world for a while? (personal favorite)

Do you want to try and solve murder mysteries?

Books are amazing dude. You really can go anywhere, anywhen.

And it increases your vocabulary, increases your ability to think and process thought.

READING MAKES YOU SMARTER! DO IT!

9. damn so convincing

10. what are these things you call " book "? just messing

11. But what I want to know is...

Do cool people do it? If so I'm down for a good reading sesh!!

12. I think my brother referred me to that book. Deathstalker or something? I was where you were about a month ago. Randomly looked at a bookshelf in my house and felt like reading on my own for the first time in a few years. Ended up picking Catcher in the Rye but only read 10 or so pages.

13. I enjoy reading a good book.
    I seem to more motivated to read books if there part of a series,
    If I start a series, I have to finish it.
    =] not exactly a bad thing.

14. Books are the best. No peripherials needed except light. You might want to start off slow if it has been a while. Don't jump into the Dune series for example.
    There is this series of books about a guy and his lady friend. Lots of sexual tension, and rolling in grass and such. He has a real cool dog too, and they go on these wild adventures and see crazy stuff. The story relates to your everday life so you get hooked real fast. I think they are called Adventures of Dick and Jane.

15. i love reading, unfortunately my mind always wonders off, i only read informational books, and i'll read something and have an idea about it and then expand on it in my mind, but my eyes continue reading, so i gotta reread alot.

i want to get some new books, but i've been too broke lately

i hate novels and fictional books though, i'd rather watch a movie if i want to be entertained.. if i'm gonna spend multiple hours reading, i want to get somethin out of it like knowledge

16. The Heroin Diaries by NIkki Sixx

or

Spun (cant remember the author...)

both books are about partying, getting faded, addiction, and defeating addiction. Interesting stuff, The Heroin Diaries made me realize I need to quit everything but weed, and I'm trying my hardest to get there.

17. if you dont mind my asking what are you addicted to?

18. get one with pictures man, they're easier.

19. Cool mind-opening book about drugs and humans (why we use them, is it wrong?, etc.) called: The Natural Mind, by Andrew Weil

20. I am starting to read more books since I have a lot of time. Seriously non fiction books can teach you so much about shit you never knew about.