i have awakened into a mindless world

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Flage, Mar 26, 2007.

1. I have been smoking the wonder herb for about 6 years now and i feel like the life I led before I started smoking was mindless. before MJ came into my life i always did exactly what I was told and never questioned anything. I feel like my eyes have been opened into a different world where most of the population can't think or even take care of themselves without help from our gov't. We live in a world that cares more about what some idiot in hollywood is wearing than anything that really matters.

I have grown so sick of how people make this world works so I am going to leave it behind for a more simple life with nature. if any one agrees with what i am saying and would like to join me for a more simple life just send me a message telling me why you want to come.
    thanks to all who read this.

2. I understand precisely what you mean.

It's hard to have perspective of my world before marijuana, as I was still pretty young when I started.

But I identify with how you feel about certain aspects of the world.

Not sure what you mean by living a more simple life with nature. Detaching yourself from the world is a selfish act and does nothing to help better our civilization. If you're going to do that, mind as well kill yourself.

We must strive to make this world a better place. Each individual human being has the same opportunity to influence the environment and others around us. Let's use it.

3. this is the world that i am living in and i can live the way i want to. And Rasta_Man I am not going to kill my self because my time in this world is not up yet and i would have expected something a little more mature from you then "kill your self".

4. I don't believe he wants you to kill yourself. if you can enjoy your life in nature by yourself, then, that's great. I don't believe you will though just based on the fact that you posted here to tell us about it before you did it. I too went through the same frustration with people, disgusted at people for the things they deemed important in there life. it's amazing when you know someone that is suddenly diagnosed with a terminal illness how there entire outlook on life changes. equally frustrating, however, is the fact that probably 95% of us need each other, that's a conservative guess btw. we are a social creature. in order to maintain our mental health we need interaction with other people. my suggestion to you is to try and develop a little more patience with people whom haven't reached the enlightened state that you have as of yet. after all, maybe some had to have the same patience with you before you made it. try not to have to high expectations from people, they will let you down often, just enjoy people for who they are. gl, my friend, if you look at it a little closer, you will see that just about everyone has something to offer that will enhance you life experience. peace

5. Hmm Well I apologize that I'm not living up to your standards.

I don't see the point in a nihilistic existence, devoid of participation in any type of social contract.

It's totally counter-productive. Why not live to utilize your influence as a human being and a civilian and wield that as opposition to these things that you find problematic? Substantiate your values.

Don't run away and hide from them.

6. There are countless examples of people who have detached themselves from society and come back with a fresh prospective on life. I would say that most great art has come from detaching ones self from what's going on around them and looking inside.

To a certain extent the reason we're all here is a way to detach ourselves and look at the deeper picture.

Although, I guess I might just be assuming he's running off into the woods because he's looking for some sort of deeper meaning. If he just wants to permanently run away from the worlds problems then I might be more inclined to agree with you.

7. Hmm well this is what I thought he meant. I agree with you.

8. This sounds like the state of mind I'm usually in. Recently, I been reflecting on my life, criticizing my lifestyle, habits, ect. I want more for my life but a few nights ago, I realized something. I have no idea. Im a shy kid, really withdrawn. I never really felt like I fit in anywhere. Anyway, enough about me. As for your 'mindless world', I can sum up my views in three words my grandfather told me.
    "People Are Stupid"

9. maybe I'm just high and enjoying life a little too much, but isn't that worth something?

I'm a little confused, you state your shy and withdrawn and then make a blanket statement like, "people are stupid". how many people do you really know?

most people aren't all that different from each other. we all respond similarly to different environmental stimuli. give people a chance, every now and again someone will impress you. the more chances you give, the more you will be impressed. don't be so quick to judge and you'll find you fit in better than you think.

knowing and communicating with people that are different from us is rewarding as well. we get to try and see the world from a different perspective, from someone's eyes that have been exposed to many different stimuli and filtered through different types of conditioning.

sure I've been wronged by others, and found some people utterly frustrating, but overall I find great value in socializing. what have you got to lose by giving people a chance, you can always go right back to where you're at now. peace

10. Listen to this guy he speaks the truth. I agree that people are damn near identical by design, the only real differences are how deep people go inside themselves and how often they take the time to really think about things. My best advice to you would be to just love people for who they are instead of trying to make them what you want them to be.

If you haven't found a group of people that you can open up to and click with then you haven't been trying hard enough. I used to be really stuck in my head and couldn't figure out why I couldn't find anyone with the same thoughts and idea's as myself. Then one day I realized that I didn't offer up my thoughts and idea's to people as often as I should. Once you start laying out who you really are with sincerity, people will seek you out.

11. i know exactly what ya mean.

i'd love to come. it's been my plan for some time now.

but i have some change to affect first. can't turn my back on these loosers yet. haha.

i dont agree with rastaman that to do such is valueless, and you may as well not even be alive.

http://clusty.com/search?query=buddha+boy&sourceid=Mozilla-search

there is much one can do living the simple life, and by doing such, are far less likely to inadvertently cause turmoil for earth and it's inhabitants.

but i prefer the best of both worlds approach. going for the win-win-win scenarios. everybody wins. and so, getting the simple life to exist in this society... a technologically allowing, empowering, educating, enlightening, envisioning, dreamer's world of the blessings of serene nature.

means i gotta meddle, and risk being meddled with, in the systems. small price to pay for eden. haha. we got it now. *looks out window* ahhh, already there. *thinks about where electricity came from for computer* ah', we still have things to reconcile.