i have an idea

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by hemp8715, Sep 7, 2006.

1. i know this is going to sound really werid but this is something that i want to do. ok so here it is i want to backpack across contrey. i want to try to camp out as much as i can. but this is where you guys/gals might come in if you want to help. i might need a place to stay to get some real sleep and food and to meet new people. i want to try to do this in like the spring so i could make it to cali. in like the start of winter. if you would want to help thats cool if not then thats cool also. but thats my idea/plan

2. when you can first spell country, you should go ahead and start your planning.

3. hay im sorry that i dont spell very good. i have never been able to, so im sorry my mistake

4. your plan seems very broad, if i were you i would work out little details first.

5. thats what im going to do this winter. is plan out what states i want to go through. theres a few places that i already know im going to stop at. i also need to get all my gear together. i have most of it just need a few more things.and i also need to get money saved up for this.

6. Yeah man, it doesn't seem like you have really thought this through at all.

7. as much as the people of GC would probably like to help, for their own saftey they probably wouldn't agree to this. maybe they will, but i would be a little sketched out.

8. ya i know where your coming from. i didn't really think anyone would really help me but i gave it a try. by this time next year i should be on my way there or almost there.

9. I was planning on doing this, but in a vehicle..

10. Dude it would take so much longer to do that than you've planned.

the average walking speed for a human is 3 miles an hour. assuming you hiked faster than the average human, at a generous 4 miles an hour, for 5 hours every day, which would be a pretty tiresome walk to do every day, you would walk 20 miles a day.

the distance from coast to coast is roughly 3,000 miles. We'll say 2,750 just to be nice.
    That would take 137.5 days to complete, hiking every single day. pretty much 5 months. Since it's pretty safe to assume you won't be hiking every day, it will probably take you 6-7 months to complete the hike.

Jesus christ I am so stoned and I have no idea why I did all that math.

dude I don't even remember what my point was, fuck it.

11. what the _____ I must be rippin.

12. TRIPPIN ,Yea TRIPPIN and RIPPIN HA HA.

13. I don't remember he saying he was walking across the country, just backpacking, which could mean he would be taking a car. IF you plan on walking, well you're crazy as shit. You're gonna need a shit load of money for food and everything if you do walk, but i doubt you are, or i doubt you will after reading the posts.

I've always wanted to go across the country because PA sucks after living in it for so long, not that it was good to begin with. I would actually love to hike and stuff across mountains and what not just to see the scenery and absorb it since nature owns all.

Do some planning and some math, and post your details. Maybe someone will be interested.

14. oh no i plan on hikeing it. its something that would mean alot to me. my dad did and so did my grandpa.and they did it a few times each.my grandpa rode the rails by hoping train cars and hiked back. i know im going to need alot of money but i have this winter to plan every thing out.