I have an idea for the next Ebay/Amazon but even better

Discussion in 'General' started by ApeGooda, Feb 11, 2015.

1. I call it "AmBay" a site where instead of you bidding or buying items listed, you list the item you want and sellers from around the world give you prices directly. You receive anonymous offers from multiple sellers wanting to sell you their item and then you make your finals. Offers are made in the typical Ebay bidding fashion except the sellers are the bidders. The sellers make bids and the lowest bid is displayed on the item. The seller is trying to get the price down to its lowest price before making their decision.The buyer isnt required to buy the item after bidding is over

What do you think does it sound like something that can work or an I thinking way too outside the box

• Like Like x 1
  2. I wouldnt say it would be better but i think it would be a successful site! 

3. i like it

4. You just described amazon...

• Like Like x 3
  5. Watch this company come out of no where and steal op's idea lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 6
  6. Pretty sure there's alraady such a thing.

7. #7 Omega369, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
    Seems like a lot of work for the seller lol. Most sellers I encounter on Amazon or eBay sell thousands of products, they don't have time to bid the lowest price they have to offer to individuals. In order to do so and keep up with processing packages, shipping, customer service, etc they would need to hire additional staff.

In the end none of the major sellers would join because it seems like it only brings negatives to the table for them (extra staff, loss of profit, time). It would only be good for the smaller "mom and pop" companies that move under 20 products a day.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ya this is Amazon, except this would be more stressful for all parties involved

• Like Like x 2
  9. not as good as my idea. Bitchbay - You bid for girls that Russian mobsters are selling...but I get the idea we may have some legal issues

• Like Like x 3
    They already do that. it's called Backpage.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Or having irate fathers with particular sets of skills after you lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  12. Just change the name to where it can just roll off your tongue, come up with badass subliminal imagery like amazons "a to z!" Thing and youre set!

13. I'm not sure bro but please keep us posted. I mean fuck it, buy yourself a web domain get that shit started you never know until you try ay?........

14. Ahaha I know right? Like explained it exactly for what Amazon is.....