I have an EHLE bong question

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by keltoplast, Nov 15, 2009.

1. So I was thinking about getting an EHLE bong from EDIT, and I was going to use the standard bowl it comes with (along with a diffuser and an a/c). I was wondering if I needed any other gear to use with the bowl so my herb doesn't fall into the a/c (because I heard these German bongs have large bowl holes). I've heard about gauzes but I'm not really sure what those are, and I'd like to avoid screens. Thanks guys.

2. You can either get a new bowl, I'd recommend some little martini or snap bowl, or you can look into different types of glass screens i.e. daisies, jacks, marbles.

3. I am almost 100% positive the bowl that comes with your EHLE will include a free gauze.

Are you talking about the bowl for your ash catcher??

4. Nah I was talking about the regular bowl. Ok now that that's figured out I have another question. On EDIT it says an 11cm diffuser is best for the bong, but how long should the diffuser be for the a/c? (The diffuser goes in the a/c instead of the bong right?). Thanks.

5. It wont i got a EHLE from edit no free gauze.

6. sorry to post twice but im guessing if your getting a 11cm diffuser the EHLE is pretty small. watch out putting a AC on those, i got a 12" bent neck and my AC tips it over all the time

7. #7 keltoplast, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2009
    Good call man. I think it should be cool though. It's a 5mm 14.5" straight tube. The a/c is a teardrop too which I read weighs less than the pillbottle version

8. Yee i have a pillbottle one thats pretty thick and heavy, even if i put marbles in my ehle it wieghs it down. good call on the teardrop

9. If your from the United States which I am guessing you are; then just go to your local head shop and ask for some screens, they are only a couple bucks, and come in a pack usually of 5 or 6, and are really strong. All you gotta do is press them into your bowl and it will mold to the shape and will stay in there and make sure no marijuana gets pulled through.

If guaze is the same thing as screens, then disregard this post, never heard that term. Haha.

10. Im actually planning on ordering one tomorrow as well...I'd look the most into the little glass marbles that fit into the bowl. The reviews said their bowls are pretty large so I'd pick up something unless you plan on throwing a fat nug in there everytime :smoking:

11. Haha yeah I'm gonna get one of the glass gauzes too. I like the fat nug idea though haha

12. that is correct. the bowls are big so you definitely should get a screen or a gauze or use a fat nug each time

13. I bought a 500ml w/ ice notches from EDI. The bowl it came with was too big for my glass screens (i have what i assume to be normal sized jacks), however my metal screens fit in quite nicely. Just don't push it in too tight or it'll pop out while you're smoking it, shooting your herb all over the place (happened twice already). Hit's great, highly recommend it.

14. Cool. Thanks man