I have a theory

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Pebbles314, Feb 18, 2009.

1. That wasn't directed towards you as much as it was dotaliens. You have to also remember each state has different laws concerning possession. And besides, any jail time is too much in my opinion.

I guess it just sounds to me like the same situation with teenagers whom like a certain underground band, and are upset when it becomes mainstream and other people listen to the band. They get upset because for some reason they don't want someone else to enjoy something that they found out about on their own.

In either case, the good that would come from legalization outweighs any possible negative you can come up with.

2. Broaden your scope of thinking- a LOT. ;)

Science is being slowed because cannabis cannot be studied effectively due to DEA stranglehold over obtaining it. That's B.S. The fact that we might have the raw materials to cure cancer, diabetes, arthritis, etc, and corporate greed trumps all is just sickening.

For patients who can't safely get it now- think of us. :wave:

The HEMP industry could be huge. Plus, it's not some B.S. paper-shuffling industry. It's tangible goods with REAL jobs. We NEED something like this in the economy now.

The fact that recreational use is slightly stifled by prohibition is just the tip of the iceberg.

3. I was gonna make a point about gang/drug lords, but it was a little long winded so I didn't... it ends with me saying I'd rather gangs have pot money than the gov (who do you really thinks fucks over more people?). As for what you are saying I don't care. You see, I am just trying to compare the world where pot is illegal versus one that is legal... but you are taking me way too seriously. I could go either way, but once you get past the "innocent people go to prison argument," you have so much to think about, because no one ussually thinks about it any further after that point... because bottom line is they aren't innocent... and romance may be worth the risks associated with its legal status versus legalizing it into a shitty backward world where MJ may get raped... nothing romantic about rape.

4. #24 salad, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    Yes! Thank you, I totally agree floating_by.

While I am in no need of cannabis for SERIOUS issues, it does help me greatly with chronic pain from a poor surgery and other joint and back problems, as well as anxiety/depression. I'm without health care right now, so I am unable to purchase prescription painkillers (not that I'd rather take these than consume cannabis). Legalizing cannabis would help so many people like me, and those with more severe problems, deal with and enjoy a life which may not otherwise be possible.

I grew up with propaganda thrown in my face, thinking cannabis was terrible, and it wasn't until a year ago that I tried cannabis, and opened my eyes.

I cannot fathom anyone knowing the benefits of cannabis and still hoping for it to be illegal.

5. I hate humanitarians... they never listen to anything.:smoke:

6. sorry but people aren't that honest :p

and yeah weed is illegal couse govt can't make money off it

stupid whores...

they could have them like ciggies except they'd be joints in a package...

I don't see what the big deal is

7. Sorry to say man your theory doesnt make that much sense. Weed is not illegal because people are selling it illegally. If the government saw that as the only problem with making it legal they would make it legal in a second because that would bring trafficking to a halt for the reason that people dont grow tobacco plants and sell tobacco to all of their friends/associates.

The only lawful reason as to why Marijuana is not legal is because police can't regulate it. Which means that there's no way they can pull you over and tell how high you are. There's no way they can tell if you had just one bowl or smoked a half o blunt with your buddies. There's no way they can tell if you smoked five hours before, or if you just roached a pinner.

Weed also effects everyone differently. I can tell you that I can smoke two bowls out of a bong and be good and ripped for a good two hours, but I've also got friends who can sit around for an hour toking and be nowhere near my level of highness.

With alcohol police just have to get you to blow in a tube and they have your nuts in a jar. The problem is that police officers see being high as intoxication, where I see it more as a medicated type state.

With all this said, I'm pretty sure it was the Canadian Government that did a study in the nineties where they took a random selection of normal drivers and put them through a course three time. Once while sober, once while drunk, and once after getting high. The study prooved that every driver was a terrible driver while they were clocked, but while driving the course high they were the same quality of driver as they were while sober. In a lot of the cases the driver was more cautious, and handled the course better while high.

I hope these paragraphs clearly explain this for all of you to bring up during your next sessions. :D It's a cool study to know about when defending yourself to parents as well, one that the Government doesn't like to mention for obvious reasons.

Just for if you're not American, in free health care countries the Government does not tax smoking products to make a profit. They tax them to keep up with medical bills from cancer, emphazyma (sp?) ect. patients using up a lot of the taxed money taken from smokers and non-smokers alike. Non-smokers are the majority. This is how it is in Canada at least, I'm assuming that's how it is in all free health care countries. The United States Government and health care system is all 'round fucked though, but that's not my problem. :D

8. something needs to happen were pot smokers not criminals im tired of crazy dealers that pull guns on people...i just found a kosher dealer 4 months back

9. I think the federal government should leave the question ultimately up to the states to decide, and if they choose to collaborate (say one state (Cali) grows a lot, other nearby states may agree to buy from them) then allow them to sort it out. Let states regulate how they want to handle the situation within their borders, which might promote more use of local growers in smaller areas and from there expand.

I may just be high, but that kinda makes sense to me. A lot of holes in the way I explained it, but there's so many factors I didn't feel like detailing them all.

10. I agree with that. I think it should be ultimately left up to the individual states. Although I can forsee the same types of problems arising that Nevada has since gambling is legal. They have a lot of problems because people move there to live where they can gamble. Pot smokers would flock to a state where it's legal and i can see that causing problems. I mean, who here wouldnt want to live in a state where we can engage in our favorite hobby anytime we want?

11. how about the government legalizes it and then they make it a requirement to get a growing licence for personal use or distibution and make you pay grow taxes that way they dont have to worry bout people smoking for free off there own plant which is 1 of the reasons y they dont make it legal

12. Next thing we hear:

" Marijuana shown that it can actually worsen Headaches, and other common problems "