I have a space 5.5' x 2' x 7.5'H what should I do?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by canananabinoid, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Yo, first post, what's up ladies and gentleman, this forum is pretty fresh I've kinda been lurking reading shit but I got around to registering and decided I might wanna grow so if I could get some advice that'd be dank.

So I want to start an indoor grow, it would be my first grow, should I start with a soil grow or can I start with a hydroponic grow or aeroponic grow?
    In my current situation how many plants can I expect to be able to grow, and how high? The height would depend on the roots right? so at 7.5 feet high my grow area would be high enough.

As for lights, I'd get a hps and a mh, what kind of wattage am I going to need for a basic hydroponic grow, will it be the same for a soil grow? How much would the lights cost to run/month on average (flowering + veg)?

I've been looking around on some sites for hydroponic equipment but I'm not really sure what to get to grow cannabis, if somebody could point me in the right direction that would be great. I've been reading up on the various methods of hydroponic growing and some soil too, what would be the easiest hydroponic setup to start with?

Should I order some books on growing from Amazon too?

2. #2 Krait, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2009
    For your first, just do a simple soil grow using bag seed if you could.

If you want to go with hydroponics I sugget you check out Rumple's bubble bucket guide and his grow journals.
    I think the lights he uses would be similar to the ones you want to use.
    I'll get a link, posting from my phone...

Edit: link as promised: lets-build-bubble-bucket-step-step

3. How many plants can I grow in bubble buckets?, or with a whole system?

4. just vaped bump

5. One plant per bucket.
    I believe he does two buckets per light.

6. I meant how many total in my small space. And what type of wattage would I need from my lights?