I have a situation.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Dazed Panda, Jun 21, 2012.

1. So this girl I've been dating lives in Atlanta and I live in Kentucky. Far enough away that I don't see her often but she comes every few weekends to see me. Well, this past weekend my cousin was getting married so I came down for a few days and took my girl as a date. We had a great time and everything was awesome. So she said she wants to take me back and spend a couple more days with me. Cool. We do that and do a good bit of talking and what not and she seems really into me. Like she's ready to get in a serious relationship. Anyway, to the point, the day after she leaves she calls me and says she doesn't think this will work out...I'm just like lol? You were just all over me and now you don't even want to date me? So I was kind of thrown off but told her I understand. THEN she texts me a little later and says how she would love to be with me but she has some things in her life she wants to get straight before getting serious with someone. I'm just wondering wtf because first of all I don't even live near her so would I really be an obstacle if she needs to work out something in her life?

It's not like I'm going to be breathing down her neck 24/7 expecting her to spend time with me. But anyway I may have fucked up later that night because I called her when I was drunk haha and pretty much told her that I straight up want her to be with me. She sounded like she wants it but something is holding her back. One of her friends told her she's not ready for a relationship because she recently quit drinking alcohol. I just said you can still be with me while you get sober it's not like I'm going to hold you back I just want to be with you. She said she wants to think it over and she wants me to call her today when I'm sober lol. But I'm not really sure what to say now.

what do you guys think of this? because I'm kind of confused.

2. I do not like the sounds of this based on this alone. Why does it matter what her friends think, it's her life she should do what she feels is right. It's almost worse than having controlling parents.

To be honest long distance relationships are hard, they take a lot of work. So it may not be a physical obstacle but it really puts a big strain on everything mentally. But if you do go down that route you should make an attempt to visit her so it's not always on her to come and see you. Not everyone is strong enough to have a relationship built on long distance.

Who knows though she could be in a totally different situation at home than she's making it out to be. She could very well be trying to drop her most recent ex and that's why it's hard for her to commit to something serious. There's a good chance she isn't telling you the whole story and that's why it's making her decision difficult.

3. I know long distance relationships are hard but she's worth it. I know she wants me but she's letting all this other shit get in the way. I guess I should just call her. I'm kind of nervous to talk to her right now though lol.

4. I'm sorry,man,but usually when a girl says she doesn't want anything serious ATM,it means she wants to see other people,meaning she wants to fuck other people.

I'm speaking from personal experience.

I guess it's better than being cheated on though,but it makes you feel like you weren't enough.

5. So what happened? lol

6. this song might explain your situation

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aofoBrFNdg]Biz Markie - Just A Friend - YouTube[/ame]

7. shes gotta finalize the divorce first

8. you guys made me me feel like shit lol. fuck my life.

9. Sorry man. My best friend went through this situation too. She was confusing as fuck, mixing the signals, and eventually decided she didn't want to date anymore because "I've got a lot of stuff going on in my life right now." her words.
    He finally did convince her to give him a shot and so they've been dating on and off for a year now because she keeps cheating on him and he's too hung up on her. Don't make that mistake man.

10. If you have to question the relationship then that's a clear sign to end it. When in doubt, back the fuck out.

11. Yup if either one of you question the relationship before it even starts then your fucked. My brother once told me when I asked him why women werent responding to me. He said if everything doesnt feel like a movie or a fairytale from the beginning theres just no connection.

To OP, dude you drunk called her bro? lol that is so pathetic you show total weakness doing that. Learn from this and NEVER do that again. You are a man and you can handle your problems without resorting to liquor.