Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I have a real problem.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Timid Lion, Sep 12, 2012.

1. I recently smoked mmj and I began hearing voices that were berating and accusatory. There was no reason for it. It was as if I were broadcasting my every thought to everyone. I heard complete strangers accosting me with their words verbally, outspoken. It went something like this: "Look at him" he's so stupid" "he's high, see that" as if I were channeling my thoughts to the world. As if I were some kind of exhibit (experiment) to the world. It was horrifyingly clear they kept talking about me.. (even though they kept using a vague third-person type of dialouge)

Also the heightened hearing just makes it worse, I hear people from like a block away.

I don't understand why this is happening. It persists after my highs sometimes. Is this some type of schizophrenia? What is this? Please help

2. I miss trippy occurrences like that, kinda. Sucked back then but now I'd dig it.

3. it definitely sounds like schizophrenia. you should really talk to your doc as soon as you can

4. Dude thats genuinely creepy, I don't want to say you "need help" or something, but I would definitely be having an all nighter with google if you know what I mean.

5. Does this ring a bell? Auditory hallucinations..
    Schizophrenia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

6. As others have said, sounds exactly like textbook symptoms of schizophrenia
    can't imagine how much that would suck..

Do research, if anything like that happens again you need to see a doctor

7. #7 TokinUp, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
    wtf.youre stupid .dont joke about schizophrenia.obviously you have no idea what it is

and to the op i sometimes think ppl are thinking things but have never actually heard other ppls voices.i would suggest seeing a doctor as frankenfish mentioned

8. I think you are schizophrenic OP

9. Hey man, don't just go and call him stupid. Maybe he doesn't know the symptoms of Schizophrenia..
    I agree that it's nothing to joke about, due to a family member being a victim of it.
    But don't go and call names. Hit the J brother! :smoke:

10. I wouldn't smoke weed any more if I were you. That's scary, it could be a sign of schizo. and it could become permanent. :(

11. I suffer from Schitzotypal.. An emotional disorder far less dramatic than schizophrenia. But I have to steer clear from psychedelics...

I dropped a "not to be named" substance before and nearly lost my mind.. Talking to myself and questioning reality. Crazy shit went down that night.

But nothing that dramatic has ever happened with good old' Mary.

Weed should help you, not make you insane :smoking:

12. That sounds really scary dude, I'm sorry.

13. You sure you're not just a new smoker and experiencing some paranoia?

For a novice smoker (or even seasoned but less likely) it's not completely unusual to think you are hearing voices and shit like you described. Thinking people are talking about you. It's probably just the weed man.

You people telling him he has schizophrenia give it a break. You're not a doctor and saying that could lead him to be more paranoid if that is the case.

OP you're probably fine. But if you think there is a problem like it happens when you haven't smoked at all go see a doctor we can't help you here.

14. #14 TokinUp, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
    maybe he should have looked it up instead of joking about it without knowing shit.i have a friend with schizophrenia and i dont deal with that crap. i dont need to hit a j to reevaluate my feelings on the subject either.

15. Hearing voices is surprisingly common in adolescents and can continue into someones 20s without being necessarily problematic. Most people outgrow it. For those that don't medication is only required if the voices result in dangerous behavior.
    One idea is that the brain has developed a second channel for the inner monologue that is not recognized as being internal.

16. he wasnt saying anything about schitsophrenia he was just saying he missed trippy shit. did he say "man i wish i was schitzophannic lucky bastard" nope, no he did not. some of u people take shit way too hard.

17. C'mon guys... Peace and love. Keep the OP in a healthy environment and quit arguing.

I feel yah op, we're in the same boat if you do have the disorder.

But hopefully not, my condolences.

If your body doesn't want you to smoke though, don't smoke.

18. As others said,schizophrenia?

19. I wouldnt jump right to skitzo. I have two personality disorders and am bipolar 1 which causes me hallucinations. How long has this occurred sober? Do u have a shrink? I'll ask more upon response

20. I remember I would smoke in my room and paranoia was my whole high. Once I went a full two hours thibking people were saying "Hes smoking weed.." outside my door. Turns out it was just faint words from Snoop Dogg coming through my headphones in the corner of the room. What a relief that was... But what a waste of weed to be so paranoid.

Go to a psych and tell him.. he would know. My psych was pro weed when i was depressed. No worries man.. but dont self diagnose. It could be a placebo and actually make you think you have the problem lol.

Peace