I Have A Question

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Dizzy, Dec 4, 2022.

1. I Don Agree With That Sorry.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yeah and the earth is flat and the moon is a hollow megastructure created by our alien overlords..

Sent from my LM-X420 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. I'll start a thread where we can deliberate our view points.

I live to share and listen.

F. Scott Fitzgerald famously wrote: “The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

Aristotle said that "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. #25 Dizzy, Jan 4, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
    Anyways I Think Those Spinosaurus An Ankylosaurus Are My 2 Favorite Dinosaurs That Ever Exist. :)

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  6. Same here, Toni. There is too much evidence to support this theory. Louis and Walter Alvarez published a theory that a thin layer of sediment discovered, that dated back 66 million years ago, showed dinosaur fossils below the K.T. boundary line. Above it there were no dinosaur fossils. The layer was made up of iridium. A rare element on Earth but found naturally in asteroids. So they concluded that an asteroid hit the Earth and wiped out the dinosaurs.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Yea I Believe What You Say Sis. Ion Even Need Evidence Tho I Know What I Know. Iain Changin My Mind.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. I wanna see how Ross Geller would react to this

9. I'd like you to use "you alleged feather dinosaur" as an insult

10. Real or not, I find it very odd that we tell kids about them so much. I'm not offended by it, I'm gonna say we should stop or that it is super harmful to kids or anything, I just think it is a little odd of a story to tell kids. "there were these cool creatures you can learn about and imagine a world where they were alive. where are they now? well kids, a great apocalypse happened on our planet and it might happen again". it is good for the imagination to know these mysterious things existed and be able to speculate on them, to know that something existed on earth in a mysterious time period and help us think about different ways the world could be, but kids kinda have to ignore the tragic ending to properly enjoy it.

11. #31 Deleted member 1153948, Jan 7, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2023
    Science proved that they exist by the fossils they leave behind. Walter and Louis Alvarez proved that an asteroid wiped out the dinosaurs with the discovery of the K-T Boundary Line. Which, BTW, has a very high concentration of iridium, an element common in asteroids but rare on Earth. This line is found all over the world. An unnamed oil company found the crater it left behind located in the Yucatan Peninsula near the town of Chicxulub, Mexico. The asteroid had a diameter of 6.2 miles blasted a hole 110 miles wide and 12 miles deep. Had it hit in deeper water in the Gulf of Mexico the tsunami would have been larger. You can Google it. And it will happen again. We already got our warning shot with the Russian Federation's meteor that sent 1500 people to the E.R.

12. I feel like you misunderstood me, I wasn't discussing whether they were real or not, I was putting that issue aside. I'm saying regardless, it is odd that we encourage kids to learn about them. I'm not one of those overprotective people who think kids shouldn't learn about dark things I'm just saying it is a little weird that society accepts telling kids this story. and whether it is true or not doesn't change the fact that it is a story. there are lots of important true stories we keep from small children, like the story of the holocaust. it is just a bit strange that a story we are all okay with telling kids is "this cool mysterious world existed on the very same planet we live on, have fun with it, but it ended in a tragic apocalypse and one day our society probably will end the same way"

13. You can damn near tell what real and what's not real by pre k programing on tv. All the stuff that's fake they gotta brainwash you by the time your 5

14. Dinosaurs were invented by the FBI to stave off time travelers, or so I'm told. Paleontologists have so little to go on. Whole dinos have been "created" from aggressively incomplete actual findings. I'd love to see the dinosaur created from a paleontologist who found a giraffe skeleton without knowing it was a giraffe. But the mean old giants were here and, too me, that is fantastically fascinating. I'm also a huge Graham Hancock fan when it comes to our existence and our predecessors.

15. Yeah those & the Penisaurus rex. JK :smoking-banana:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Have you noticed that all of those videos were put out by the same person that is narrating it? Science proved that dinosaurs existed. The early space flights proved that the Earth is round not flat. You are misinformed.