Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

i have a question

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by aus*smoker, Jun 12, 2007.

1. me and my friend that are both quiet heavy smokers but he has been smokin a extra year or 2 then me both have family records of heart problems do you guys think that it is wise we cut down or does weed not effect your heart sorry im kinda a noob with everything about weed apart from smoking it :D

2. hmm id be interested to know if its hard on ur heart, i think itd just be ur lungs really, if hes concerned tell him to get a vaporizer

3. It increases your heartrate, so if you are already prone to tacycardia, it may feel like your having a palpetation

But overall heart health, naw. I'm no doctor but I've reaseched pot a lot and I'v enever heard of any heart related side effects. ITs mostly from your lungs, like hix said.

4. ok thanks for that i was thinkin bout gettin one of the older models of vaporizer
    at the bong shop near my house there about 160 aus dolars but i think im just gona get a lux bong instead

5. Interesting enough, Ed Rosenthal's book suggests that the oils in cannabis stengthen the heart making it prone to cardiac arrests, of course he could be wrong.

But the effects on the lung are bad, especially if you smoke cigerettes. Basically your lungs spit out cannabis resin much quicker than tobacco because the tar grains are bigger than tobacco resin grains (smaller grains root deeper in lung tissue), but if they mix, they both stick in your lungs because tobacco resin takes a loooooong time to exit your lungs.