Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I have a question! :p

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by indicadreamer, Jun 15, 2011.

1. So somebody I recently spoke with seems to think the longer bud sits in a jar the THC increases? Anyone know if this is true GC? :smoke:

2. Didn't think so haha.

3. Pretty sure the THC degrades.

4. If your buddy is talking about curing it in a jar (a valid method with more steps than just tossing in a jar), I THINK thc can mature more. Just before I cut my only grow I was raided so I never got to the curing myself. Can anyone confirm?

5. #6 jawmbii, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
    Proper curing and flushing of bud makes for a better smoking experience overall! If it is not properly cured, the smoking experience will not be as good as it could be. A good cure is the difference alot of times between good, and great bud. I can not say if THC is necessarily increased, or what cannabinoids are effected. I can say that cured bud will improve the taste and the smell astronomically, as well as the high. Curing the buds is just as important as any other stage of growing if your trying to get out of your buds. If your bud is already properly cured, (stem snaps clean off, moisture seems right, smells dank) then keeping the bud in the jar longer wont make you bud noticeably better. Also, THC will degrade over time no matter what, but sunlight catalyzes the whole process. Keep your buds in a dry, and dark place in an airtight container for minimum loss of THC,.

6. that would be the shit if weed aged like fine wine.