I have a question about harvesting

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Yourcrazymom, Sep 29, 2016.

1. I have been growing since late April, early May. I'm a first time grower. I'm pretty sure that i just have some good ole Reginald. But all of the plants look different. I even have a really small plant budding. I was told the small plant was a kush seed, but i really don't think it is. When is a good time to harvest? They've been flowering for about a month. And the trichomes are kinda milky in color. I'm adding pictures as an attachment. 1475179028829.jpg 1475179033487.jpg 1475179037178.jpg 1475179041116.jpg 1475179044564.jpg 1475179048765.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Could be a Kush, or Kush hybrid. Definitely indica... Anyway I'd bet you have another 2-3 weeks, if you're in potted soil may want to consider only giving water with no nutes at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Outside be wary of frost. (Location dependent advise)
    Get a cheap scope for $20. Look for 10 to 15% Amber. IMHO Perfect balance or ready and ripe. Plant gets almost 1/3 of weight last 3 weeks so early really sucks. Don't forget to flush. Water only last 10 days.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Never used nutes. Completely all natural. Outdoors. They are in the ground mixed with potting soil.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm pretty new to this so i don't know what IMHO means. Lol i hate to sound uninformed but i really have no knowledge. I appreciate any help.

6. (In My Humble Opinion) a guesstimate I make that works for me. You will compile a few harvests and they will vary and you will have your opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oh ok lol thank you

8. Hi Mom, welcome to Grass City. I just posted this earlier for another grower so I'm going to recycle that quote to help answer your question. Click here:
    New grower waiting to harvest

You said they have been ".../flowering for a month"; they most definitely need longer.
    T J also gave great advice. Especially watch for frost, and don't harvest early.

Welcome to the City. Hope this helps & bestaluck to ya.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you very much! I appreciate all the info! I'm actually keeping notes on how they are growing week by week. I really don't want a bunch of seeds. They seem to be doing really well out side so far. I did find a teeny bit of rot close to one of the stems. I clipped it and have found no more rot anywhere else. Thanks for all the help!