Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I have a question about being legal and getting a job.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Icedtea, Aug 28, 2009.

1. I was wondering I live in CA, and I have my medical licence. I'm about to get laid off, but I'm looking more work as well.

My Q is if they have drug tests and it shows large amounts of THC, is it still passable since I'm legal?

Thanks in advance.

2. No, there are no protections for MMJ patients, because marijuana is still illegal on the federal level. It's up to the individual employer to decide whether or not to respect your MMJ recommendation. You have two choices: either be forthcoming with your prospective employer about your MMJ recommendation and inability to pass a drug test, or hide it and try to pass the test and hope you are never randomly tested in the future.

3. Okay then, how long would it take to detox? Say if you have been smoking daily for around a year or so?

4. Icequeen has it right on...

There is the claim that THC stays in your system for a month or so after smoking, but if you're smoking daily, it will most likely take longer than just a month of no smoking. However you can speed that process up by drinking copious amounts of water and cranberry juice (which is pretty good for your body as it is). Alternately there are detox drinks and other ways to pass DTs, just look around the forums, I'm sure you'll find several threads on how to pass a test.

My best advice though, is to find a company that really doesn't care about MMJ. The last company that I worked for didn't care at all, in fact, my direct supervisor once told me that if I needed to go out and toke during my lunch hour I could because the job was so stressful.

I wouldn't bring it up in your initial interview however, I would simply wait until it looks like you're going to be hired and then talk to the HR person. You do NOT have to divulge your patient status to anyone you don't want to, and it would be better for you in the long run if you don't. Unfortunately in California you can be terminated for ANY reason ("at will" employment laws), your patient status won't protect you at all.

5. #5 calicheese23, Aug 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2009
    If you are worried about getting cleansed by your drug test date then synthetic urine is the way to go. Just strap the synthetic urine bottle with the heating pad to your leg and you will be good. Don't put it in your pocket because most places will have you empty your pockets before you go in. I get my bottles at a local headshop for about $30.

6. Do what I did....drink A LOT of water, don't smoke, and get one of those detox drinks that they sell at smoke shops. I bought one for 20 bucks and it didn't really taste good but it was the difference between being fired and hired so...

Also, running wouldn't hurt either. Sweating all the bad shit out of your system feels good anyway....

7. your best bet man, ive used the fake piss a lot and it always works just make sure to have the piss at the right temp:this is what i do keep the fakes piss in a styrofoam cofee cup with hot water in it when your in front of the dr office find a secluded spot in the parking lot strap the piss to your leg (close to your sack to keep it warm)then off you go. ive done it this way at least a half dozen times always worked

8. Move to RI!! Here, we can test positive and they can't not give you a job because of it. It's considered discrimination on the same level of color, religion or gender.

It doesn't mean you can smoke at work,.....but it is not a criteria to eliminate you from getting the job.

9. My wife's Dr. gave her a 'script for Marinol along with her recommendation..........now she has a bona fide reason to have a positive drug test. See if your prescribing doc will write one for you (for nausea)....Just 4 pills, as it's quite spendy to fill..........