Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I have a problem?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by cannister, Aug 4, 2012.

1. This has happend to me.

2. [quote name='"TheKushLife"']

Diagnosing someone as an addict requires documented proof of The following. You need 4 out of 7.

1. Tolerance

2. Repeated attempts to stop or cut down.

3. Psychological/physiological changes.

4. Changes in social life due to use.

5. Time spent. (using, talking about, etc.)

6. Continued use despite knowledge of adverse effects.

7. Withdrawal. (with marijuana it would be a psychological withdrawal, physical obviously doesn't apply except with other substances.)

Source: DSM-IV

http://www.csam-asam.org/sites/default/files/pdf/misc/DSM_criteria_for_diagnosis.doc

As long as you aren't abusing your benzodiazepines, you don't have anything to worry about.[/quote]

http://forum.opiophile.org/showthre...t-Pharmacies-Reporting-on-Patients-to-Doctors

Just one story. A quick web hop brought me a story from TODAY.

You sound like you've never been prescribed this type of medication nor been labeled an addict by a doctor. That is a very good thing for you, but I am trying to give this girl real advice based on things I have witnessed and experienced. Read this guys story. He did nothing wrong, and his doctor cut his medication completely, cold turkey. It can happen; it happens every day.

I am not saying I support or don't support her decision to take benzos. A lot of people here jump on the anti-medication bandwagon and want to tell people what is right for them despite not knowing them nor possessing a medical degree. Some people have very real issues, such as PTSD, and the medication greatly improves their quality of life.

I believe I already told the OP that I've taken this medication and warned her that the detox is very bad and can even be life-threatening.

Wishing you luck, cannister

3. I think you started smoking pot just for fun but then you started smoking it to numb your feelings and have developed a psychological dependancy

4. yeah but just for fun not to numb your problems.