I have a problem with my scale

Discussion in 'General' started by Feared420, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Okay I got a problem with my scale, for some reason when I'm weighing dope and stuff i put the weed on and it scales, then i push on it like put my finger on the scale and the weight keeps changing? And sometimes I scale 0.5 in buds, and then I make like 3 joints (all 0.3 or 0.4) its weird. Should I just buy a new scale? Or is there like a tray or something out there that wouldn't do that. Unno any ideas?

2. Umm... maybe your finger has some weight to it?

3. No no, sorry I might have miss-typed. Like I tap my finger on it just so I know it goes back to the amount it was at before (then I take it off). But sometimes it changes.

4. Buy a blade, double digit. Keep it clean and make sure nothing over 100 g's sits on top of it, it'll be accurate for years, and it'll only run ya about $30-40.

5. Alright thanks, I was thinking about buying a new one anyway the one I have is...a Black - Stealth (looks like shit lol)

6. lol, never cheap out when you buy a scale. you buy it to make sure you're not getting ripped off. but you're only getting ripped off is you settle for a low quality scale.
    make sure when you buy your blade (assuming you do) it measures out to 0.00
    you want two digits after the decimal point, its much more accurate

7. Yeah that would be awesome, I only got 1 kinda sucks. the more digits past the decimal I think are better lol

8. Most cheap scales are inaccurate in weighing under 1 gram. For example, my scale won't read until it hits 0.5, then from that to 1.0 is a bit iffy. Past 1.0 is perfect. Works for me because I rarely get dimes anymore.

9. Yeah I think thats whats up with mine but i dont think it reads right until like 1.5 or something :p

10. That's fucking scary. :eek:

It's definitely time for a new investment.

11. Yeah no kidding eh. Usualy what I do is I look at it and see how much it is below like 1.5 g usualy i can tell - I might be like a point or 2 off but w/e :p But yeah for real man I need a new scale