Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I have a mmj card,but where can i smoke?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by CooLBreezE, May 29, 2008.

1. I have a card and I cant smoke at home because i'm at my parents place for a few more weeks.Is it legal to smoke somewhere other than your home?

2. The short version, No it is not legal, you are only supposed to take your medication in the comfort and safety of your home. Just keep it low key until you get back to your place

3. I figured that,thanks for the reply

4. Where'd ya hear that? Just curious.
    Because I was under the impression you could "smoke" it anywhere that smoking is permitted.
    I don't smoke it often, but I do all kinds of edibles/tinctures of cannabis almost anywhere. . .planes, trains. . .federal courtrooms (LOL), etc. :cool:

5. Well, there's a big difference between smoking and eating.
    Edibles are easy..average people won't notice that it's a bud brownie. But if you whip out a glass piece and start hitting that, it will send a message.
    But, I am curious as to if it is legal to smoke bud in areas that smoking is permitted.

6. I thought it was. We always did/do.

7. Just start toking up in your living space, then flash the mmj card when your parents question you.

j/k
    :smoking:

8. bad idea.

He obviously isn't smoking in his house because his parents do not approve of mj. They are the ones paying the bills - got to respect their rules.

9. You can smoke mj anywhere that smoking is allowed, if you have an mj recommendation.

WHERE CAN MEDICAL MARIJUANA BE SMOKED? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    SB420 disallows marijuana smoking in no smoking zones, within 1000 feet of a school or youth center except in private residences; on school buses, in a motor vehicle that is being operated, or while operating a boat. Patients are advised to be discreet or consume oral preparations in public. Some state colleges have refused to allow medical marijuana on campus, even in designated smoking areas; the legality of these bans is disputed.

10. That sounds like you could smoke a joint/blunt pretty much anywhere you can smoke a cigarette, since they said to be discreet (so I wouldn't recommend a pipe or bong.. maybe a one-hitter).

11. can't you just go out for a 'walk' and blaze up outside

12. just the other day i was at the Santa Monica pier and pulled out my handy piece and cops where right next to me...but it really depends where you are sometimes you will get a hard time/arrested sometimes nothing

13. Jeeeeez, how easy is it to get a mmj card? :smoking:

14. In CA, extremely easy. But people who abuse the system are the reasons why there is a problem with it

15. i would say just go ooutside to smoke go for a walk or a drive

16. u can smoke it anywhere even in front of the cops

17. check your paper work. The rules should be in there.Where I live you CAN NOT smoke just anywhere......so I would check the rules on mmj before I just blaze up in public.Good luck and be safe

18. Good idea. Nevada County, CA it is not legal to walk around and smoke. I had to be inside my home "out of public view" Sorry I was so quick to mis inform, I assumed all of cali's weed laws were the same, guess not :hide:

19. Does Nevada county follow state law? If so, prop 215 says you can smoke anywhere that smoking is allowed.
    Nevada county's DA thinks he can boss anyone around, and counts on you not knowing the law, so that he can dictate. I know how how they insist you can only have 6 plants there, too. . .again, wrong! You can have as many plants as your doctor's recommendation states. (If you can get your doc to list those numbers on your recommendation)
    When will the local counties learn to obey the law????? sheesh!
    I'm sure they'd like to tell ya how many Norcos and Vicodins you can have too.
    We must constantly remind local law that they are not our doctors!!!
    Only your doctor can recommend your amounts! And if they don't, but give you generic recommendations then you follow county guidelines.
    Pardon my rant at Nevada county, the local law rubs me the wrong way.