I have a lot of questions so don't get annoyed with me on this one.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chance9861, Aug 27, 2017.

1. So I'm going to run a 2 by 2 by 4 grow tent with a 150w hps light with no possibility of in line venting on the light, so that's my first question, how would I keep it cool? Should I throw in a thermostat?

My next one is, would a 4 inch carbon filter and 4 inch in line fan be enough for ventilation as well as some clip on fans to circulate air?

My next one is, could someone help me with the setup of the filter, fans, ducting, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. 20170821_200318.jpg this is my setup in a wardrobe cabinet. Here is a list of some of the items need when i made it.
    8 4in hose clamp x
    4in flange x
    Filter x
    4 1/4" bolts nuts
    Plastic electrical boxes x
    Pvc elbows x
    Black paint x
    Caulk x
    White paint x
    Hanger strap x
    String x
    Fan
    Eyebolts

3/4 to 3/8 reducer
    3/8 plug
    Small lag bolt
    4in hole saw
    Duct tape

• Like Like x 1
  3. Is there going to be at least a vent in the "wall" of the grow box to allow the extraction fan to suck air in? A more fan will help slightly with temps..

If not then I think you'll need to read into a close circuit grow and use co2.

4. Attached Files:

5. Yeah I'm going to be pulling air from outside the tent and as well as habit circulating inisde

6. How do you keep your actual.bulb cool though

7. Nice but a bit pricey for this type of grow IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I have a fan that blows between it and the plants. Ive seen the bulbs with the built in vents but i dont really seem to have issuses withe the fresh air drawn in plus the fans.

9. Maybe A 90W QUANTUM Board??

10. Just remember that heat rises so open your intake towards the bottom on the tent. If your buying a grow tent there should be a bunch holes and flaps you can open and close. Also try and run your light cycle at night when it's cooler.

11. Again this..@Tboneshuffle is the one to ask!!
    Get it assembled if you are not keen on a DIY (looks really simple, but for $25..)

growerslights.com/collections/horticulture-lighting-group-quantum-board-led-kits/products/horticulture-lighting-group-135-watt-quantum-board-led-kit

12. I appreciate all the help guys

13. [​IMG]
    Yeah I have a sketch of my layout and I have the carbon filter with a fan sucking air, leading up to my light, just need a way to connect fan to light since it doesn't have duct adapters/ports then run it right out the top, so if you could think of a way to run the duct to light to keep it cool that would be great.

14. That's the light

Attached Files:

15. You dont really have all that much room to modify that light to hook up a exhaust fan to it. You should have purchased a light with the duct adapters built in the housing if heat was a major concern. You could try to do something with stuff smaller than 4 in but idk how efficient it will be or a Potential fire hazard.

16. I heard from an electric supply house that it wouldn't produce an excessive amount of heat