I have a important question.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dizzy, Jul 14, 2019.

1. me and the fam leaving for Ireland tomorrow morning and I was j/w if I would still be able to call my mama an talk to her on my cell phone even tho we ina diff country? Can someone answer this for me plz.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. You can but it will cost some money for sure. Enjoy your trip!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. I dont think it'll work out of country,,might have to try n get a phone from over there or call collect from somewhere!? But idk i nvr been outta country.
    P.S. have fun & be safe!!

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. You can probably ask the company that you pay your bill to. They would be able to help you in best way possible.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. This. Call your provider and ask for options.

It should work. Only question is how much will the charges be.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Oh ok thanks everyone very much!

~Toni~

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. You will be able to ok you'll need the area code for to call also have fun o live in Ireland any questions just ask away

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Also could you not get your mum to download what's app or something then as long as you both have wifi you can call video call an txt for free

• Winner Winner x 3

9. Thanks for the info Stu I appreciate it a lot. :)

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  10. images.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Yea you can but chances are you will be roaming so very expensive.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. I believe 4G phones can be used worldwide in countries that have 4G infrastructure.

13. Wait a second. I checked and the cellular technology most widely used is GSM. But the lessor used technology is CDMA used by Verizon and Sprint,. I would imagine a country like Ireland would support both as the U.S. does.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. You can also use the Viber app, but both you and your mom have to have the app I think. But maybe not, I don't really remember.

15. Can’t you just buy a new SIM card from a local provider? Just make sure the plan includes international calling. Unless it’s different over yonder, that’s what we do when in Mexico.

• Winner Winner x 1