Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I have a friend who practically cant get high

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by partyomo, Apr 20, 2015.

1. One of my good friends has been smoking for around a year now, kind of sporadically. Ex. last summer not long after he started he smoked a lot and then once school started it wasn't as frequent. 

Anway, he's never been 'really high' like the first couple times for him would be about a 3-4 on my scale. And lately he's been complaining that it pretty much does nothing to him. He's even said when he was drunk that it made him 'more normal'. 

Does anyone know anyone like this or know why this happens aha? I'm guessing its just genetics or something but it still seems really strange.

Thanks!

2. Bad weed, or maybe his cannabinoid receptors need more stimulation before they are activated? How many times has he smoked?

3. #3 Deleted member 281310, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    Just let it be and come back later if so desired.

4. Tell him to stop complaining and being a little bitch.

One of two things, maybe it really doesn't effect him but since he says drinking makes him "normal" just so happens to make his story just that much more unbelievable so I am calling door number two.  He is full of shit and is an expert at douchebaggery.  It's called bravado, bragging, D-baggery and many other names.  Everybody and I mean everybody has met some person sometime i their life that is perpetually full of shit.  This "special guy" in your life maybe just that.

Next time you get killer weed, DON'T share it with him.  Tell him, "No reason to waste good weed if you are not even going to feel it,  Waste of money man".  See if his story changes then,  I bet he gets upset instead of seeing why that would make total sense to you, me and anyone reading this thread.  If he gets the weed ask him why is he smoking it if he doesn't feel it?

Maybe you left something out like he is a 350 lb lineman and you are 110 lb cheerleader and you guys smoke/drink the same amount?  I am thinking that is not so, because you never mentioned being for the same team, but different squads......

5.  Over 100 a times for sure. And bad weed isn't it we've smoked the same stuff multiple times and I always get smacked

6. It's probably a chemical imbalance he has that it causes him to not feel the same effects as you, if he can't get high and he's tried multiple times maybe weed just isn't for him. Stop trying to force or tell him to stop forcing it, he's just wasting his money and time.

Wraaaap the night around me, blanket of black on my back, I feel safe in the darkness...

7. I meant that after he smoked while being drunk, it made him more normal. As in the weed killed his buzz from the booze and also did nothing to him. And I'm sure thats some of the reason but still, why would anyone play it off like you were fine after smoking? And I don't think even the best actor could do as good of a job as him if that was the case.

And we are pretty close in build, probably within 20 pounds of each other. And we usually smoke roughly the same amount when together.

Yea thats so shitty, I'd be pissed if that was the case for me.

8. #8 левша, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
    Know whats funny? I hear someone doesnt get high rather often, but ive never heard of someone who hasnt gotten drunk from an amount of alcohol. Why is this? Ignorance?
    I'd like to hear a widely accepted rule as to why someone would not be effected by the psychoactive properties of cannabis, or if it is something uncommon mentally, and the individual is 'special' in some sorts.
    I just find it unlikely that it cant be felt to some degree, if not felt, they still might possibly receive the medicinal properties.
    I wonder how this person would fair on double the normal dose of edibles, or more. I want to experiment on this fucker
    Also i can definitely act sober, even fairly zooted, just probably not fucked up. It is a possibility

:smoking:

9. #9 bigcat13, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
    When you are a baby your cb2 receptor is activated by endocannabinoids to help you learn to have an appetite, because a certain chemical is released that affects your metabolism. In some people those endocannabinoids never stop being released. This is the case with my brother, and one of my best friend's girlfriend, both of who would've definitely gotten high many many times, but it never worked, they just sat there and were like wtf is something supposed to be happening. They don't waste our weed anymore, but still sit around the tokin circle with us; I know that sounds like a big claim and im lacking a chemical name or two but we read a couple of scholarly articles on it a while ago and it makes a lot of sense.
    Ill find them and post some links in a few. but if you're really anxious just go read a wikipedia article or two.

10. marijuana directly effects certain receptors in your brain. alcohol effects the chemical balance of your blood which affects a much much wider range of things in your brain, like just about everything.

11. are we sure he wants to act not that high? my brother has tried to get high probably over 50 different times and it hasn't worked, no matter the method, he's noticed some minor motor impairment but not really much at all and definitely nothing psychoactive, considering he definitely knows what a good psychoactive trip is...

12. #13 левша, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
    this seems common among people who attempt other drugs before cannabis.. Perhaps it is related
    Regarding alcohol v cannabis yes they differ extremely but what i said still holds its ground, to not be effected you must have some sort of 'special' case. Not claiming anything more.
    Either way, I really don't think giving the guy a shit load of edibles or concentrates would kill him.. Make him your mice.. Would be funny if he takes you up on the offer and gets shit faced

13. #14 bigcat13, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
    hey if an 8th of bho taken orally doesn't work...

and I agree, that is very interesting and maybe it is related, but I could see it not being so as well... I just don't know if we'll have an answer to this for years and years, there's so much research related to this that would (hopefully will) be SO interesting...

14. im happy someone finds interest, and lol i wouldnt go that far! Id work up to it with experiments starting at 1g of dank concentrated material in edibles, and work upwards if not effected

15. Some people do not have as many cannabinoid receptors or properly developed endogenous cannabinoid system and ganja doesn't effect them as much as a psychoactive, I started smoking herb much too young for being a healthy kid (about age 9) and I wouldn't ever get any effect like my friends who would smoke with would get. I continued to keep herb around constantly for guests and didn't get any effects until many years later.

16. What do you expect high people to act like? Nothing to pull off lol

17. it's a phenomenon

18. Your friend needs Omega 3, it's the key to activate the THC for the endocannabinoid system. 

19. Interesting... I haven't heard this before. Where was this noted at? Thank you