I have a few random questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by gre123123, Sep 30, 2010.

1. I have a thread in outdoor grow journals with pictures if u want to look. My plants have been flowering around 6 weeks or maybe 7. Somewhere in there. I am not sure when my plants will be mature but if i wait til they are mature then I wont have time to flush them. so i need to flush before they mature so is it too early to start? I estimate about 1.5 weeks for some plants and about 2.5 for the others until mature(just guessing but 2 are further along then the other two)
    And also i took off a nug of my most mature plant to check some things (seeds, inside bud rot). I found only these little tiny white things that LOOK like mold, but it comes right off easily, and its not mold its some type of insect nest i think. I found a green caterpillar when I was trimming one of my flowers. are caterpillars harmful??

2. my plants (various different bagseeds) take an average of 75 days for flowering to finish. If they are growing in soil, flushing (IMO) is not that big of a deal.

In my experience, caterpillars are bad news. I suggest spraying with Bacillus thuringienis
    Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt) Insecticide Fact Sheet Carrie Swadener / Journal of Pesticide Reform v.14, n.3 Fall94

3. thx old skool. 2 of mine are still not puffed up so i might let those go that long. the others maybe a little sooner. What do the caterpillars do?

4. Yeah dude make sure you get something to combat those things asap or your harvest is in serious jeoprady. I used sevin dust which has BT in it with good results. And def give your plants as long as you can.

5. #6 gre123123, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2010
    ok two votes for bachyliathous thacurides. thanks guys i will try to get some from a local store i go to but they are expensive

6. It's your lungs, but I would steer clear of Sevin when you have bud-sets.

Carbaryl (1-naphthyl methylcarbamate) Although toxic to insects, carbaryl is detoxified and eliminated rapidly in vertebrates. It is neither concentrated in fat nor secreted in the milk.

There isn't any data that I can find on how it can impact the respiratory system but Carbaryl is a cholinesterase inhibitor and is toxic to humans. It is classified as a likely human carcinogen by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA.)

7. BT is a bit pricey. ~$15 for an 8-oz bottle but it should last a few years.

RATE: 2 - 4 Tsp. per gallon. APPLICATION: Mix with water, add spreader-sticker,
    use as a thorough cover spray.