i have a few questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 4stoned2ryder0, May 29, 2005.

1. This year is my first year growing and so far i only got i plant, and i was wondering bout a few things.............

how long should it take to tell wat sex my plant is, and wat should i look for to tell?

my plant is about a month old and im just using a heat lamp ,how long should i leave the light on it?

how long till should it take to bud?

im really new at growing so if u have sum more things u think i should know feel free to share

2. when the plant enters the flowering state you can quickly tell if it's male or female.

you should leave the light on for 18 hours and then make sure that the 6 hours after it's completely dark

Could you be more specific about the type of lamp, a heat lamp doesn't sound right for this in my ears, but you could be meaning a HPS lamp

In the flowering stage your plant will develope buds, you have to change the light cycle to achief that in flowering you need 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness ( also 12/12 )

your plants will then develop buds, the time it takes till their ready to harvest is diffirent for every sort of plant.

Make shure that you use the correct light, I would recommend getting a MH (Metal halide)
    or an HPS ( high pressure sodium )

I would go for an HPS

Light is the key to big buds.

3. i got my lamp out side from my shed i looked at it and it dont see h many watts or any thing.and it ooks a lil bit smalled then a houe light,and been doing the job.but i think that might be my problem if it is a problem my plants like a month and some change old and its like 8 inches and i got like 5 leaves wit 3 leaves on each one.And ive benn using ferts like i used meracule grow (the plant food, pottin soil shit that u put in the water and fert sticks) is my plant small or is it bout normal?

And how much do them lights go for?

4. i got my lamp out side from my shed i looked at it and it dont see h many watts or any thing.and it ooks a lil bit smalled then a houe light,and been doing the job.but i think that might be my problem if it is a problem my plants like a month and some change old and its like 8 inches and i got like 5 leaves wit 3 leaves on each one.And ive benn using ferts like i used meracule grow (the plant food, pottin soil shit that u put in the water and fert sticks) is my plant small or is it bout normal?

And how much do them lights go for?

5. okey, the problem is definetly your lamp.
    The price of a good HPS is a lot higher then that of a normal lamp, or flourecent light but definetly worth it in the end.
    here is a site with some HPS lamps.
    http://www.elights.com/hpslamps.html

With a poor light you'll never get nice buds or healthy big plants.
    For one plant a 200 Watt light is more then enough, but if you wanna grow more in the future it would be better to buy a 400 Watt, it costs a little more but delivers better results.
    you have to be carefull where you position your lamp(s), if they're to close to the plant(s) then the leaves will start to curl and after some time turn brown and die.
    but to far away isn't good either for the plant will recieve les light.

The minimal distance between the lamp and plant for the different watt lamps is this:
    250Watt = 20 cm
    400Watt = 40 cm
    600Watt = 50 cm
    1000Watt = 90 cm
    If you use some cooling device such as a fan or water cooling you can hang them a little closer to the plant.

remember that the lamp can increase the room temperature by 15 degrees celcius.
    if you have airconditioning keep that in mind when adjusting the temperature.
    the right temperature for your plants is around 22 to 25 degrees celcius when the plant and when flowering the perfect temp is about 25 - 28 C

make sure that light is on 18 hours a day, and the rest of the day it has to be completely dark, and when the plant is flowering it has to be 12 hours on and 12 hours off.

If you don't wanna spend the money on a lamp, than you can consider growing it outside or inside with natural light ( a large window for example )

Also, if you want a large plant be sure that your pot is large for the roots will have to have enough space.

6. yea..... i jus think ill put it out side